Unsteady boost levels

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Lads

I was out last night looking for a spot for a photoshoot of something a bit special last night..... Anyway headed down the New M9 towards Kilkenny and noticed under harsh acceleration the boost guage was fluttering between 0.6 and 0.75 bar pressure....
Would this be caused by anything atmospheric or is there a problem somewhere? Also what would be standard boost pressure in a 97 WRX i thought without having work done it was only supposed to boost at 0.5 bar?

Kinda worried incase i do any damage with overboosting.....

Hi Hammie,

In wouldn't say you'll do any damage at that kind of pressure hey. Kind of standard pressure tbh. Id say it was just a cool evening and it was boosting a teeny tiny bit more due to the colder air. But it aint nothing to worry about hey telling you.

Rgds

Paddy

Cheers Paddy

Just when i was looking at the boost needle it was twitching between the 2 like a mother $%cker...... When i seen that happening i backed off. That was somewhere between 120 & spirited levels of driving pace..... (tryin not to incriminate myself too much haha)

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=17155.msg209970#msg209970 date=1250162035]
Cheers Paddy

Just when i was looking at the boost needle it was twitching between the 2 like a mother $%cker...... When i seen that happening i backed off. That was somewhere between 120 & spirited levels of driving pace..... (tryin not to incriminate myself too much haha)

[/quote]

Was the car still driving normally? Maybe your boost gauge cable is loose or something?

Steve.

It was driving perfectly normally!!
Ill have a look at all the wires / pipes tonight when i eventually get out of work

Back