B4 Leggy Question

Y

YouDog

Well lads, bit of a strange one for yas, but im guessing someone here will know..

Had the B4 for a year and a half and never had any problems with it.... week beore the NCT she started spluttering.. check engine light goes on every now now and again..
I put it through the NCT and it failed on emissions, lambda & high/low idle..
The check engine light is gone off now, and she is spluttering less, but still not driving as she used to... and engine check light comes on every few days..

I dont want to go out buying new lamba sensors etc if thats not the problem ya know...
Its not mapped for Irish fuel so it was suggested to me that could be the emissions problem... but i dont drive the car hard and have never had a problem before?

Any suggestions???? Thanks lads

Does sound like lambda sensor alright from your description & nct fail.

Whereabouts in the country are you? One of our traders would have a look over the car for you & read the fault codes & test your lambda for you.

Thanks for response so quick....
Im in Tallaght, do you know of any traders in the area?

Yeah ASD are right next door to you, they're based just off Peters Rd in Walkinstown.

Give Ciaran a call 087 8330772.

He replaced my lambda sensor there 2 weeks ago & car running fine again. Very reasonable prices considering some of the figures that had been suggested on here for lambda sensors.

Good stuff thanks Il give him a ring

il have to get saving though, what price approx is the lambda? Just hope its nothng more serious.....

Think they're the guts of €400 from main dealer, but Ciaran has sourced much cheaper so you won't feel sore the next morning :wink:

Ouch... il have to get saving....

Would the lambda affect the emissions and the idle aswell??

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=17097.msg209184#msg209184 date=1249985611]
Think they're the guts of €400 from main dealer, but Ciaran has sourced much cheaper so you won't feel sore the next morning :wink:
[/quote]

They are not that dear from a dealer so false info there.. :ponder2: :ponder2:

And may be your lambda but would not cause spulttering.

So possibily mass air flow meter.

DAVE

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=17097.msg209488#msg209488 date=1250034195]

They are not that dear from a dealer so false info there.. :ponder2: :ponder2:

[/quote]

Are they not €300+ from Subaru? If not then I stand corrected.
[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=17097.msg209488#msg209488 date=1250034195]

And may be your lambda but would not cause spulttering.

So possibily mass air flow meter.

[/quote]

My car started spluttering at the same time the lambda was on its way out, after a fault code read, replacement of lambda sensor & clearance of codes the splutter was gone. Just recounting my personal experience here.

But as stated in the original post a trader would do a fault code reading & check lambda if necessary :thumbsup:

Back