Noisey Lifters

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
As per title, I had a oil light flash on faintly there a while ago and dissapear after a bit of a drive and have noticed that the lifters are getting awfully loud. Was thinking it could be the oil pump not working fully as she drives fine, the oil pressure guage shows normal and cant hear any noises once driving.
Is there a way to check the oil pump or anyone any idea's what this could be?

I have a 6cyl beemer that used to do this when idling after been driven very hard or if the oil level was near the bottom of the dipstick. The stem seals are leaking & it tends to thin out the oil pretty quickly. I changed to a higher viscocity oil & I change it well before time & this seems to have fixed things.

Im not altogther familiar with Subaru engines, but the priniciples are much the same. Change the oil regular (even before time if its a high miler). If there is wear & tear on the engine go for the highest recommended viscocity to fill the gaps!

Oil levels are constantly kept in check due to it being a subaru so dont trust the engines but its castrol 10W40 that I am using after reading recommendations on here.

Back