Varex Muffler

yes if they are the right price im very interested....
I emailed them a few weeks ago and got no response.....

Iv had one reply so far...

"For the full system it is just matter of directly bolt-on, for the universal varex, you need some custom pipe-works to joint the varex muffler, no hard-wiring is needed, only need to plug it into the 12v sockets."

Waiting on another with a price

Are these available in Legacy Fitments?

Got a bit of hassle the weekend myself and my car isn't even loud!! :cuckoo:

id be interisted in one, i seen somewhere that disel tom has a pull leaver one there would be nothing wrong with this system might be cheaper :thumbsup:

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=17074.msg209061#msg209061 date=1249938665]
id be interisted in one, i seen somewhere that disel tom has a pull leaver one there would be nothing wrong with this system might be cheaper :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Not sure what difference it would make to the engine,
but the manual butterfly type valve dosent allow the
exhaust fumes to escape proper and creates back
pressure, were as the varex allows it escape, might
go that route if things get messy with the cops :thumbsup:

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=17074.msg209061#msg209061 date=1249938665]
[/quote]

Trying to get prices on pull/electronic/leaver

Not much luck yet

:smokin:

i had the varex one in my car first an took it out not worth a stocking of sh**e
got the manual one an its the job never lets me down saw the cops here the other night with a big check
point an it was one of the thick pigs an i pulled the exhaust valve an you would sware it was a 1.6 with
no big back box asked me to rev the car an it was pure quite told me to go on :653:
thats 5 or 6 times now is a bit hard on the engine all right around town were you only be doing 40 / 50k
just a bit of info for any one interested my one is an apexi ecv valve
my system is a 90mm mongose down pipe into a full magnex stainless straight through an out to a 5'' back box
its very very loud the muinet you pull the lever gone as i said 1.6 job sounds like :thumbsup:
:subaru: :subaru:

It's worth noting that even with the verex system closed in the wrx it was above the new legal limit that the garda has put on all aftermarket exhausts. I think were all fubared if we have anything even slightly different from what the garda want never mind strandard equipment.

Mick

they cant penalise you for having a standard system higher than the standard.....
If they where goina do that anyone with an M3 or better would also be fubard......

If the price is right then it will be a good enough investment in my eyes

I got a reply from them a while back , was 400 aus dollars i think + carraige. Maybe a group buy would knock it down a bit :ponder:

Live rates at 2009.08.12 11:31:54 UTC
400.00 AUD = 232.372 EUR
Australia Dollars Euro
1 AUD = 0.580929 EUR 1 EUR = 1.72138 AUD

Recon its not worth it at that rate so....

I would like to see how it goes if anyone gets this done to there car
so let me know how you get on lad

just one thing would it not have to be remapped when it goes from loud to quit :ponder2:

let me know how it goes for you all :thumbsup:

No , don't think so. The flap in the exhaust diverts the gasses through the baffled part of the box to damp down the noise but you could have a valid point there with change in back pressure. Any ideas out there :ponder:

May need a remap as you'd be changing your back box...

My only skepticism would be with making it fit to be honest but it seems it depends on what type of system you have on already.

@ Diesel Tom..why was it so bad? did it not work? bit more info if u dont mind...

Ive attached the price and discount list...let me know what you think. If we were to get 35+ it would be a good deal but thats fairly high number

Also, this seems to be as much info on fitting as they are able to give me..

"Depends on what type of muffler that you already had in your car, if they are similar style and size with the varex, it will be quiet easy to adapt, the varex have flange on the inlet."

35 would be nice and based on the one underlined + the shipping
fee performance-guru have advertised on ebay, there an agent for xforce
it works out at at 226 euro per unit, now the shipping is 150 aus dollers
and im sure the shipping could be slashed to little for the amount of units,
defo looking at under €200 each witch is not bad :thumbsup:
:icon_blahblah:

[quote author=scooby1wrx link=topic=17074.msg210013#msg210013 date=1250172793]
35 would be nice and based on the one underlined + the shipping
fee performance-guru have advertised on ebay, there an agent for xforce
it works out at at 226 euro per unit, now the shipping is 150 aus dollers
and im sure the shipping could be slashed to little for the amount of units,
defo looking at under €200 each witch is not bad :thumbsup:
:icon_blahblah:
[/quote]

no not bad at all. ive mailed him back with regards shipping prices for 10 etc.. even if you bought the dearest one and paid full shipping price it would only be €330..

but that wont include any customs tax you might get stung for..

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=17074.msg209059#msg209059 date=1249938331]
Are these available in Legacy Fitments?

Got a bit of hassle the weekend myself and my car isn't even loud!! :cuckoo:
[/quote]

Yea mark from what i understand you should be able to get yourself one for the leggy, just have a look at attached list above..Whats the diameter of your centre section? :thumbsup:

Had a look at toms apexi systen the other night and does the job.

Ordering one next week 170.00 yoyos delivered.

:smokin:

Back