Confused Please Help!!

M

MarkScooby

Right Lads,have a bit of a problem with the car and its worrying me a bit.
Firstly its a 98 Type R,with a new age 6spd gearbox.The car hasnt been mapped yet but it is been run on e5 and Nf Octane Booster all the time,and is been driven easy until i get the remap.
Anyway,while i am driving in 6th gear usually the cel light comes on,but if i switch down to 5th gear the light goes out immediately??Doesnt happen all the time,no real pattern too it,also happens in other gears too but as soon as i change down a gear it goes out.I can then go back up through the gears and it mightnt come on again??
Would really appreciate any help lads..
Cheers,
Mark..

Oooh
That's an interesting one,
I think that your ECU reads the cars speed from a gearbox sensor, and because the 6 speed has very different ratios, then maybe the ECU is getting confused!
Maybe a remap will sort it!
Dan

I think I remember Ken C saying something about his anti-lag or launch control not working when he out in his 6 speed box because the neutral switch wiring is the opposite way round or something. but he sorted it easy enough. This would explain your problem if the car thinks its in neutral and the revs and speed are rising it will bring up a cel then when you change down as you pass through neutral the light goes out (as it thinks its in gear) but then come back on when in gear as it thinks its in neutral again.

Hope that makes sense now :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=16957.msg207952#msg207952 date=1249555007]
I think I remember Ken C saying something about his anti-lag or launch control not working when he out in his 6 speed box because the neutral switch wiring is the opposite way round or something. but he sorted it easy enough. This would explain your problem if the car thinks its in neutral and the revs and speed are rising it will bring up a cel then when you change down as you pass through neutral the light goes out (as it thinks its in gear) but then come back on when in gear as it thinks its in neutral again.

Hope that makes sense now :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Ya i have been doing a bit of searching and the 'neutral switch' seems to pop up a lot.The car will be getting a full service at the end of the month so will try and get this sorted as well.Just has me worried a bit as my heart sinks every time i see that God forsaken light flashing up!!..Would hate to think i would be doing her any damage..

If your 6spd is from a car up to 06 i think there is no problem with neutral switch, think it only a problem from 06 up,
my only problem was my launch control not working, as box is from an 08.. the ecu thought that i was in neutral when i in gear.. and thought i was in gear when i was in neutral.. so on the start line my lauch control would only work if i was in neutral :ponder2: not much use really :lol:
to me it doesnt seem like a neutral switch problem.. i dont know how it would affect car but sounds to me like the different gear ratios is putting a load on and maybe your getting bit of knock :ponder2:
like letting off your foot in 5th and replanting her or being in too high of gear and letting car pull from low rev, i often got cel flash on 5spds by doing that, think load affects boost in some way aswell... map her a see :thumbsup:.

Back