Lamba sensor

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Just wondering does anyone know of a way of checking if your Lamba sensor has sh1t itself? My car is using a bit more juice than usual and has an erratic idle the odd time.

Steve.

Good idea might be to connect to the ecu with ssm cable and check values read from lambda.
You can also try to check voltage from lambda with a meter on started engine.

Hey Steve

All I found out recently, is that the Lambda should be showing up the readings between 0.97 and 1.03 (going up and down)
I can check it in my FC commander, but mine seems to be freakin out (sometimes it stays on 0.00 the other times goes 0.6-1.2) I think I will need a new one too..
Was checkin the price - over 260 Eur for Genuine Subaru. :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :dontknow:

If u don't have other way to check it.. u need to connect it to the diagnostic tool they have in garages, and it shall show all the readings.

[quote author=Codders link=topic=16921.msg207552#msg207552 date=1249413331]
Hey Steve

All I found out recently, is that the Lambda should be showing up the readings between 0.97 and 1.03 (going up and down)
I can check it in my FC commander, but mine seems to be freakin out (sometimes it stays on 0.00 the other times goes 0.6-1.2) I think I will need a new one too..
Was checkin the price - over 260 Eur for Genuine Subaru. :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :dontknow:

If u don't have other way to check it.. u need to connect it to the diagnostic tool they have in garages, and it shall show all the readings.
[/quote]

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m10b0s2607p0

[quote author=Codders link=topic=16921.msg207552#msg207552 date=1249413331]
Hey Steve

[/quote]

lambda will idealy be 1 but varies between 0.97 and 1.03 as you said but if you test the sensor the voltage reading you will get should be constantly changeing between 0.2 V and 0.8 V you could test it with an analogue voltmeter not very accurate but its a cheap way the best way would be a diagnostic tester like a launch x431 or snap-on modus or a scope

Hey Steve,

I had same problem with my Legacy, showed an engine warming light when it got too hot (ie, sustained high speed). I took it to an unnamed Subaru dealership which diagnosed "running too lean" and suggested changing the fuel filter, which they did, but this did not fix problem and they could offer no other clear solution. :angry1:
It was later diagnosed during an ecutek tune with Bob Rawle (didn't affect tune apparently). The code that came out means that the engine puts in more fuel and hence you will notice less economy. The Ecutek programme senses the operation of the lambda sensor and you could see it cutting out.
I sourced a new DENSO Oxygen 'lambda' (Air/ Fuel ratio) sensor (the NSK replacements can't handle the heat) from Donnelly Bros. Subaru. Not cheap, I'm afraid, £311 incl. VAT but better than anywhere in the Republic by 100 yoyos.
Easy to fit, just waited for exhaust to cool, anti seize grease supplied on part. No probs after.

Good luck :subaru:

Back