Boulders rattling around in the boot???

Tombusa

Sunday Drivers
For the last few months I'bve noticed this sound in the back of the boot.

For all the world it's like that rumble you get when you have a flat BUT utterly irregular in frequency and pitch - best describe maybe as "bolders in the boot".

Asumed it was from having too much shite in it - but emptied oot today and took out the CB antennae and it's still there.

Really loud at low speed - esp like if on a hard lock leaving a petrol station or turnign into a parking spot

Really worried it's suspension or something wrong with the chassis??? it's really loud at low speed or on a hard lock

2nd owner on an 2.5l WRI STI 62500 km that's been well minded with me and seemingly with the prev owner

thanks tom

I'm no expert but it could be the diff :ponder2: Check the oil level it to start anyway or check for leaks or cracks in the casing? Some of the more knowledgeable folk will be alon in the morning, should be able to offer more insight. Hope its not too serious fella :pray:

Cant help you out there either.But there is a vast amount of wisdom on here.Sorted out my problem within a day or two.

:smokin:

I'd be checking the diff first even though milage seems very low for the diff to be giving bother :dontknow:

Has the diff been serviced recently??

its the shocks mine does it as well only when going slow... i was told there is gas shocks in the sti model and oil in the wrx model and the gas shocks take in air in the top so to cure it for awhile jack the car up and let the back wheels hang for 30 min and the air will come out and you will be sound again for a month or 2....i read a heap on the net about it and its a common fault on the sti model.... it cured mine straight away...

some people replaced there sti shocks but the problem will come back and some people fit wrx shocks

I had the same thing in mine. Went to Subaru and they said its a grease issue, they told me to fix it they would have to remove the shock, regrease and put it back together, about an hour and a halves labour if I remember correctly :thumbsup:

same thing in my old sti. the subaru garge put in a grease nipple an every time it was in for a service the gave it a shot

was talking to a buc that has same prob as mine and finnegans ballymahon fitted the grease nipples and and everyservice they give them a shot...

@gerry was that where you got it done... and do the newer model do it if not might get new model shocks

[quote author=padraic link=topic=16903.msg207925#msg207925 date=1249545503]
was talking to a buc that has same prob as mine and finnegans ballymahon fitted the grease nipples and and everyservice they give them a shot...

@gerry was that where you got it done... and do the newer model do it if not might get new model shocks
[/quote]

ya Padraic thats who did it for me. I have not had that problem with the new sti but it has only 29k miles on it. the other sti started at it with over 50k so I can't say yet. If you ring Finnegans and ask for Peter he'll set you straight

Back