Understeer

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Lads....

I took the car for a spin last night and nearly shat me pants at 1 stage when i entered a roundabout and the car went straight on.... I wouldnt mind but its not like i was goin hard at all.
I was thinkin of changin to coilovers anyway in the near future. Also settin the Camber up at 1.5 degrees neg as discussed in another thread

Just wondering would the coilovers be a help over the standard springs and shocks?
What other steps could i take to help cure an problem of this nature?

I'd recommend getting a Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit :thumbsup:

Its designed to change the castor angle and reduce understeer. Some traders here are Whiteline dealers

I used to have a big understeer problem with my type R.
I fitted a whiteline anti lift kit and a adjustable rear anti roll bar and alloy drop links.
The rear of the car is now much stiffer, reducing body roll in a big way and making the car feel like its on rails with the adition of the rear anti roll bar.
And when i added the anti lift kit, it further improved the feeling of the car being on rails and made the steering so sharp and direct. Each driver steering input is transfered to the wheels so precisely that the car goes exactly where you point it, even a sharp hairpin bend becomes no problem.
A roundabout near my house that i pass round daily showed me just how big an improvement the modifications made. Usually, if the roundabout is clear you can carry a fair speed round it to the point where the car would understeer, bringing the car gradually from the inside line of the roundabout, out towards the outside edge ready for the turn into my village off the roundabout.
The first time i drove round the roundabout with the whiteline stuff on the car in the same way i normally would i couldnt believe what happened. Instaed of the car understeering wide round the roundabout, it stayed pinned to the inside line even when accelerating.
Amazing stuff. :thumbsup:

cheers lads

4 wheel alignment has been done....
Ill look into the whiteline anti lift kit and the anti roll bar...

Would a front end strut brace be much help to me?

It would but scoobys are prone to understeer,that the way the manufacture set them up.only a few bits like changing geometry camber etc and bigger ARB,ALK will help reduce it...

Back