headrest mounted dvd players

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
as above lads anyone recommend something was looking at ones from china but dont know much about them just looking for something thats looks neat and keeps the kids quite.

[quote author=fenster link=topic=16853.msg206852#msg206852 date=1249136874]
Have you got dvd player in the car?
[/quote]

no just standard system .

i have a jvc dvd player for sale if your interested.

And a ripspeed screen but youd be better off getting a roof mounted screen.

:smokin:

Could always go the twin screen sets (that you can take in\out) but a lot of wires all around the place

Keept them quiet though :thumbsup:

dude

I wouldnt get head rest screens...
Id just use a centre roof screen..... That way ya can get sumit about 12" that they will be able to see properly and ya can put a dvd screen into the front aswell that u or the missus can watch along with them (depending on who is driving)

it has to be neat lads .how much fitting would the roof mounted screen be .

I did mine myself.

Would recomend getting someone that knows what they are doing to have a go though.

What i did
Ran audio/picture cable from headset behind glove box.Up passanger pillar and across roof to centre light.
Coat hanger if handiest to use to grab cable from top of pillar rather than trying to remove roof lining.(nightmare to get back on easy to get off)
I removed rear/middle interior light and wired in screen.

What i did wrong.
Didnt put breker/switch from live wire of interior light.
You can turn on/off screen with switch but there is still power going to it all the time.
Some mornings there is no condensation on a small circle on the roof where the screen is
Also if the wire from headst is not connected properly you have to take down and reconnect and re fit. Base plate is a knightmare and sore kneck guaranteed

In saying that works perfectally and keeps them happy.

So if anyone wants to have a quick look at mine as I know duck all about currents etc and would like to have a second opinion.Im sure its only something small that i missed

In saying that seen a nice set of twin screens in cash convertors the other day(joys of working bank holiday) for 69.00yo-yo.

Back