SHAKING IN WHEELS

CARLO

Vibration in sterring when travelling just around 100kph. Dont think it happens all the time

Only notised in the last week or so.

Changed tyres a few weeks back and pressure ok.

Know duck all about suspension/bushings etc.

:smokin:

get the wheel brace out and tighten all your nuts and make sure there ok mite have came loose since you got your tyres done :thumbsup:

Thanks lads.

Was looking at posts earlier re wheel alinement.Must put jomo down for a call.

Will have a look at tightening nuts.Havent done it in a while :icon_lol:

If a weight fell off would you notice it.Mark on wheel where it should have been.Had a 3 second look as i was checking tyre pressure.Have them all 32/34ish.

Also tried today (in a very safe inviroment/road condition-had kids in back) taking hands off steering wheel and car continued straight.

So may not be alinement :ponder2:

Had tyres changed about 2 months ago but this has only been happening for the past week at most.

How do you check the diff oil level? Might be that might not. Ducked if i can think of anything else.

Might change wheels around see if that makes adifference.Dought it but nothing else planned for tomorrow.

Back with my findings them.

Thank you and goodnight. :thumbsup:

OOPS
sorry again for posting in the wrong section :icon_redface:

It may not be alignment but most likely down to balancing of the front wheels, The weights are normally stuck on to the inside off the rim, they are flat square pieces of lead only held on by sticky pads, so they can fall off and you won't notice.

Your diff oil wouldn't cause that problem, but to check it just remove the top plug in the diff, on level ground, and a small bit of fluid should flow out or at least the fluid should be up to that plug hole :thumbsup:

If the rear wheels were balanced when you got the new tyres then changing the rear wheels to the front should solve the problem but i'd just go and get the front wheels balanced again anyway :thumbsup:

i had the same problem a few months ago and got the 2 front tires balanced again. the shaking/vibration went down but not away completely? would this be that i didnt get the back tires balanced too?

its down to the balance for defo,
I had to do it every day for 5 years,
Typical small problem that could of been avoided, if they are alloy wheels there should be no marks at all
As the weights would of been stuck on the inside, but some people put hammer on ones on the out side lip,

Place's usually charge between 5 an 8 euro a wheel to get it done.
Get the 2 front wheels done an the problem should be near enough gone, you can NEVER totally get rid of the problem, but close enough that you shouldn't notice,

And if cars not pulling when letting go of the wheel it doesn't mean you dont need 4 wheel alignment, so best off getting it checked with new wheels just to be safe.

i would say get wheels balanced as well...

dont know if this helps but i was always told to keep tyre pressure at 30 in front and 28 in rear....

Sounds to me like same problem i had on sat. Noticed bad vibration in steerin wheel at around 100kph. Coming back across the M50 and Drivers side rear blew out. Luckily i had slowed down and just pulled off the motorway when it happened, there were 5 of us in the car. Brought it to Atlas tyres who looked at other tyres and are sure the tracking is way off. Defo get it checked, not worth the risk really!

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=16849.msg208066#msg208066 date=1249589003]
:multijump:

Balanced fron t wheels.

All back to normal

Thanks everyone

[/quote]

Good stuff Carlo :thumbsup: Got my wheels aligned and made a difference. Funny how little things make a difference

Back