Brake dust

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Can anybody recommend something I can do with my wheels to keep brake dust from sticking to them as easy? Wax or something? It is wrecking my head trying to keep them clean lol

Thanks,

Steve.

The joys of white wheels!! :lol:

I use that Meguiars Hot Rims wheel cleaner in the purple bottle. Them i use AutoGlym alloy polish and finish with alloy wheel sealant. Keeps them clean and relatively dust free. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=16767.msg205852#msg205852 date=1248872298]
The joys of white wheels!! :lol:

I use that Meguiars Hot Rims wheel cleaner in the purple bottle. Them i use AutoGlym alloy polish and finish with alloy wheel sealant. Keeps them clean and relatively dust free. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers Mark. Yup its a royal pain in the hole trying to keep them looking good.

I'll give that a go :thumbsup:

Steve.

Make sure you lash on the sealant. Its an aerosol spray so you can get into everywhere with it.

what pads have you got on it some are alot worse than others for break dust .you could also try this .(less of the right foot = less dust) :icon_grin:

well steve :icon_grin:

I clean mine with ice wheel cleaner and then i would us wet and black
it makes the tyres look good but the alloys will be dirty after the first spin
i find it better just to clean them and let it dry in own time

by the way i have gold alloy and they are the first part of the car that get's dirty :angry1: :angry1:

talk to you later :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I use Meguiars wheel cleaner then Autoglym polish, Autoglym sealant, it keeps them clean for longer. if there is any bits of tar stuck on the alloys then i use a clay bar, then polish and sealant :smile:

[quote author=MarkC link=topic=16767.msg206324#msg206324 date=1248978384]
I use Meguiars wheel cleaner then Autoglym polish, Autoglym sealant, it keeps them clean for longer. if there is any bits of tar stuck on the alloys then i use a clay bar, then polish and sealant :smile:
[/quote]

Exactly, it just keeps them cleaner for longer. If you seal the wheels, they will resist the dirt/brake dust etc much better and be a lot easier to clean next time. Do you get the autoglym sealant from Halfords Mark? I have a poorboys wheel sealant there but havent done enough mileage to judge it yet

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=16767.msg206335#msg206335 date=1248981578]
[quote author=MarkC link=topic=16767.msg206324#msg206324 date=1248978384]
[/quote]

Exactly, it just keeps them cleaner for longer. If you seal the wheels, they will resist the dirt/brake dust etc much better and be a lot easier to clean next time. Do you get the autoglym sealant from Halfords Mark? I have a poorboys wheel sealant there but havent done enough mileage to judge it yet
[/quote]

I got it off my local motor factors, Halfords supply it too :thumbsup:

Back