problem at 4000 rpm..?

boyracer_x

Sunday Drivers
heya lads! i have a 95 impreza wrx, it idles like normal but when i rev it up it wont go past 4000 rpm its does the same thing when im driving through all the gears...?
any suggestions??

also my speedo has stopped at the same time....

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Sounds like shes in limp mode, theres a fault somewhere maybe knock sensor or something..

Do a fault check on the ecu

i could be wrong tho sumone will be along who knows more :thumbsup:

Theres your problem. It screws up the readings to the ecu so it has gone into limp mode. Get the speedo sorted and it should be fine.

There is a block connecter on top of your gearbox, close to the turbo, under the intercooler,
If that is wrapped from the heat of the turbo, or as come loose, then the speedo would stop working, and the ECU would not be able to read speed, and would go int limp mode!
So my mone is on that connecter ontop of the gearbox!
That is were it is on the 6speed, anyway, hope the 5 speed is the same!
Dan

Youre in galway afaik-if you want to do an ecu check,give me a call and we'll see what it throws up-im inclined to agree with dan so far-code 33-vehicle speed sensor.

I had thought of limp mode but wasnt going to jump in and say it straight off as i thought Limp mode limited the revs to 3000 not 4000

thats good to know for if i ever have this problem myself

Let us know if the lads where right dude....

Had the same prob on mine was the speed sensor in the gear box got a used one from the uk and bobs your uncle 25 quid. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=16760.msg205781#msg205781 date=1248829405]
Youre in galway afaik-if you want to do an ecu check,give me a call and we'll see what it throws up-im inclined to agree with dan so far-code 33-vehicle speed sensor.
[/quote]

What part of Galway are you from lad?
Would be handy to get the ecu checked just in case..! :thumbsup:

I checked the speedo cable and it was connected...!

Mine was connected aswell but inside it was all fooked up with sh1t changed it an and away it went.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=16760.msg205963#msg205963 date=1248891233]
Mine was connected aswell but inside it was all fooked up with sh1t changed it an and away it went.
[/quote]

Really? where did u get another one lad?

[quote author=boyracer_x link=topic=16760.msg205960#msg205960 date=1248890860]
[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=16760.msg205781#msg205781 date=1248829405]
[/quote]

What part of Galway are you from lad?
Would be handy to get the ecu checked just in case..! :thumbsup:

I checked the speedo cable and it was connected...!
[/quote]
Im out near Gort-can do the code check anytime for you 086-0544485

due not having the cash or the time i havent fixed the problem......

but i need to sell the car soon so was hoping to have this problem fixed or sorted.

Anyone in the Galway area who knows there stuff when it comes to impreza's willing to take a look or hopefully sort the problem??
will pay going rate obviously! :smile:

cheers guys! :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=16760.msg205777#msg205777 date=1248824789]
Theres your problem. It screws up the readings to the ecu so it has gone into limp mode. Get the speedo sorted and it should be fine.
[/quote]
+ 1 :thumbsup:

Back