Civic clutch

M

Matt

Been driving my girlfriends honda civic since my big end went. And twice over the last few days, when starting the car and engaging reverse to pull out the parking spot, the clutch pedal has felt funny and the gear stick has got stuck in gear. I had to turn the ignition of one of the times and have a few goes pressing the clutch in to get the gear lever out of gear into neutral. Drives fine after though. Could this be the clutch release bearing or somethin? The last thing i need is a problem with this car too. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

Its a 97 jap import 1.3
Been in the country since new i think.
Ill have a check of the fluid level tomorrow.

THats a farily common problem on EK series hondas - I'm driving a 97 siR integra and you sometimes have to clutch twice to get her into reverse! I've heard of at least a dozen other people with the same deal on their car - check your fluid level just to be safe!

Will do cheers. :thumbsup:
Girlfriend is out with the car at the moment.
Got stuck in 2nd when she was driving it this morning. She stopped at lights in 2nd and couldnt get it out of 2nd then to go into first ready for when the lights changed.

its done around 125,00km and im pretty sure its the original clutch because she's had the car 3 years and her sister in law had it at least 3 years before that.
So maybe the clutch is just due to be done anyhow :dontknow:

Back