top mount intercooler

I

icemancg

hi there

im looking for a upgrade to my 93 wrx top mount intercooler.. any one got one that will fit ?

cash waiting ..

thanks for looking .. :subaru:

Hi there Ive got a top mount intercooler off my 96 wrx dont know if its any use to you??

txt me 0874173523

Jay

AFAIK the MY93-MY95 have intercoolers mounted at an angle, whereas MY96 onwards were mounted straight (for want of a better phrase) and were slightly bigger :ponder: Flame me if I'm dishing out incorrect info here... :oops:

Hi icemancg

Im not sure of the difference i size but ill measure mine tonight and let you know the dimentions.

Jay

Id only upgrade to the STI Ver 5 or 6 or the newage STI one.

and will they just bolt on ?

anyone have a sti v6 one then ?

v5/6 will not fit without modifacation.. mainly having to weld up right hand side of it with a plate where bolt dump valve goes.. then use your existing pipe work and use your dump vavle in original place.. Also have to make up a bracket as sits straight and doesn't bolt into factory place.. v3/4 samehassle except for welding plate bit.. not worth it as not much bigger...

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=1886.msg16983#msg16983 date=1175205590]
AFAIK the MY93-MY95 have intercoolers mounted at an angle, whereas MY96 onwards were mounted straight (for want of a better phrase) and were slightly bigger :ponder: Flame me if I'm dishing out incorrect info here... :oops:
[/quote]

Straight angle V3 onwards intercoolers came out in Sep 96 so jan-sep 96 is still angled and V2..

@icemancg your MY93 WRX one should be black....

Only bolt on slighty bigger one is from a 95-96 STi V2 which is a silver angled one.. But for gain involved with NOT be worth doing at all...

ill sell you a nice sti version 7 intercooler complete with dump valve :)

Back