00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD..WITH NEW 2.35 SHORT BLOCK

KENC

ISDC Club Member
Just finding it impossible to get time to go at this car of mine, most know the story of conrod coming through the block due to a vacum pipe coming off turbo and she over boosting, i had only fitted a full 6spd with dccd set up into it from an 08 hawkeye with only 8k kilometers it. I have engine out on ground and my biggest worry was that head might of got damaged but thank fuk there not a mark on it..
The cost of buying the same 2.5 bottom end again is around 2k euro, thats new 2.5 with forge pistons, a fully built 2.5 from a top builder in UK i consisting of top brand rods, pistons, bearings, standard crank and new standard ej257 case is around 3300 sterling again this top notch stuff and i have asked Andy F about this block and he said unless planing on going over 550bhp and running mad boost this block is perfect anything else is over kill.. my original set up was standard 2.5 with just uprated pistons, and that was around 430/ 430 at a max of 1.5bar and there was a definite chain of events that led to its failure, so i would have no problem in using same set up again, as it was nothing to do with strenght of block that caused failure.. i have been biased in my search for prices, basing it nearly only on 2.5, but an sti8 bottom end or a 2.1 closed deck, should almost certainly see 400bhp, however torque will be down a bit from 2.5, but there will be an extra 1k rev limit and be a bit revier engine, so pros and cons there, another issue i was worried about was lag with smaller block but i have been reasured that difference will be minimal, especially with my turbo and set up, as far as i can remeber Ali Burrows is 2600 sterling for his closed deck 2.1.. and think he does a trailer in drive out service for 3500 sterling, sorry Ali if i have them prices, feel free to come in and put staight on it :thumbsup: Hope all that gives a good idea of what you get and what it will cost you :thumbsup:
Next the spec

Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW SHORT BLOCK

2000 V6 TYPE R,
EXTERIOR .....P1 Splitter, Sti8 Bonnet vent ( have original), Blue mica, which is gorgeous when polished, black headlights and side lights, crystal sides and bumper indicators
INTERIOR... 3 Defi gauges in center pod, Defi link, Knock link, Blitz turbo timer, spotless standard interior, Sony head unit

Spec
V4 Sti heads with Super tech internals, ported and polished.
Reversed inlet manifold with custom fmic pipe work
Innovitive Front Mount,
Parrelel Fuel Rails
Fuel lab adj pressure reg
Braided lines and anodised fittings
Syntec fuel filter,
Catch can
Simtec ecu with Anti lag and launch control, no longer using MAF
TDO6 Turbo with custom 3" shroud and RCM 3" Turbo inlet pipe
All thr above are only around 4 or 5 k miles old
And my latest additions were
New Walbro pump
New Rcm induction filter
Full 6spd conversion, consisting of a 6spd box with DCCD, 6spd prop, rear diff, starter and flywheel.. all from an 08 Uk hawkeye with only 8k kilometers
New exedy 6spd clutch fitted and new spiggot bearing and release bearing cost me around €650
New MILLERS box and diff oil, old oils completely drained. oils cost me around €150
The above conversion for everything cost me 4k euro and thats without labour as i done myself, and to my heart break only has about 300 miles on it, clutch not even bed in yet :wall:
New 3 bar map sensor
New knock sensor
There is braided brake lines and clutch lines, cusco front strut brace and rear strut brace

BUMP

never gonna fetch you decent money ken!!!!
not when theres chat on here of 05 sti's for 16k....
nice project for someone like yourself who likes to trick around at his own motor a bit!!!
GLWTS!!!
:thumbsup:

Hard to know whats to be got anymore, only thing is Type r's seem to be holding there own price wise, its the newage stuff that seems to be dropping big time more so than the older 2drs.. at one stage it was the money that was stopping me doing engine, but have the money now and i just dont have time :wall: some lads are saying that id get more to beak it, but sure i surely havent time for that and who wants everyone in country calling to there house for parts :doh: i certainly dont :snooty:

Cheers Niall :thumbsup:

best of luck ken,savage car :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wjc you bye it and ill fix the motor for you, have to get you back in a scooby A.S.A.P and out of that mondeo its just not you man.
good luck with the sale kenc

Maybe i should go with the trend and have an ould raffle for it or maybe we all meet up in a mucky field for an Isdc field day, we could have a wheel of fortune for the car or a guess the weight of a sheep contest, all do the Cork boys would have a big advantage at the sheep game, they know there sheep down that area :icon_grin: :1poke: :1poke:

Anyone have any offers??

Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW SHORT BLOCK . OFFERS..

COME ON LADS, open to cash offers this weekend....

Last edited:
Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW BLOCK..€10K....

BUMP

Feel sorry for ya mate but feck all is selling at the moment. And the chances of selling something with a duff engine is even worse.

Open to offers

Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW BLOCK. OFFERS??...

Its not easy KENC, there is just no bloody money around :sad:
Hope it works out for ya :thumbsup:

u would be better to break the car man , car is defo worth more than that , if u do decide to break drop me a pm :thumbsup:

offers?

Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW BLOCK. 9K.EURO...

never going to have time to do it.. take 9k if anyone wants a cheap monster

Re: 00 V6 TYPE R... 430BHP/44OFT/LBS.. 6SPD DCCD.. NEEDS NEW BLOCK. 9K.EURO...

ill brake it for you :icon_biggrin:

pity nothings selling,
nice car all the same :thumbsup:

Back