little prob lads

BlackScooby

Petrolheads
hey everyone,

i have a little prob with my car, i recently put an sti engine in my car and i have a small prob, when the car is cold it revs up to 1500 and drops to 500 and eventually stalls, but once its warm its fine, i changed the throttle position sensor, idle control valve and the air flow meter is fine, any help would be appreciated, i have an avcr and apexi ecu and fuel lab regulator fitted,

Cheers :thumbsup:

Dave

sounds like a very odvious question.....

but was ecu etc mapped once the engine was changed?

ya it was mapped to the engine but i haven't mapped it since i put it in my car, i changed everything from a car i bought to my car, is it possible a tweak in da map could fix it? :thumbsup:

So the engine and ecu came from another car u bought together!
And the ecu was previously mapped to this engine?

I'm not sure if that could be a factor!
I take it you have checked and rechecked the odvious things
ie. Throttle position, choke, air flow fuel filters etc.

well dave
the lad that sorted mine might be able to pin point your problem he is very handy...

give me a bell if you want 0862785563

cheers lads, i started it today and it was alot better, the only thing i haven't put on is da front mount intercooler, but am doing that later and see how it runs then, i just had an ordinary wrx top mount, probably is da problem :smile:

a friend of mine had your problem after fitting front mount so maybe yours will ok after fitting cos it mapped for it.....
you must have gutted the wagon you will have sum car when finished.... :thumbsup:

hey all, i fitted the front mount intercooler which has sorted my idle problems, but now i have like a screming noise comming from the car when i hit full boost, and it it dumps air back through the air intake, i have an ssqv fitted onto it, is it normal to dump the air back through the intake? any help would be a great help :thumbsup:

Dave

[quote author=BlackScooby link=topic=16700.msg205267#msg205267 date=1248680237]
hey all, i fitted the front mount intercooler which has sorted my idle problems, but now i have like a screming noise comming from the car when i hit full boost, and it it dumps air back through the air intake, i have an ssqv fitted onto it, is it normal to dump the air back through the intake? any help would be a great help :thumbsup:

Dave
[/quote]

Hey Dave,

I have a HKS SSQV fitted and a front mount if you want to have a look at my setup? I'm in Dunboyne though...

Steve.

[quote author=BlackScooby link=topic=16700.msg205652#msg205652 date=1248797135]
hey steve any chance you could e mail me pictures of your setup? please :smile:
[/quote]

No bother lad. I'll do it after work for ya :thumbsup:

Steve.

Back