Engine check light

I

IMPREZAfrank

Dont know what is wrong with the car but mostly in the higher gears 1st 2nd and 3rd the car pulls grand but then in 4th and 5th when it gets to around 3000 revs the revs shoot up and theres no pull whatsoever. Then the engine check light flickers on and when i let off the accelerator it goes off again. any ideas?

is it when the turbo kicks in, i have an emissions light thing on mine and when turbi kicks in on 4th or 5th it shoots up then comes back down just as quick and then the turbo starts to pull, must get it looked at, mine is a UK wrx bugeye

didnt think a slippy clutch would put on the engine light....

But it definitelyh sounds like its slipping alright.....

maybe something else causin the light to come on tho??

I was thinking clutch alrite but then same as above didnt think the clutch make the engine check like flash on like that.

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=16666.msg204987#msg204987 date=1248500248]
maybe the the engine light is coming on because of the rise in rpm with no accompanying rise in speed,

[/quote]

Could be. Gona start by replacing the clutch anyway and see if that sorts out the engine check light aswell. Was told id be best to go for a paddle clutch over standard? anyone recomend a good one?. :thumbsup:

Back