WR1 and RB320 for sale

Thread tidied of irrelevant posts - this will have to happen on all 'for sale' posts again to reiterate what was agreed at the AGM.

John

Apologies for not replying.......was away for a few days.....

I would rather sell the WR1...probably better value....priced now to sell at €24,500.....

Since i got it back...I know this probably seems odd....but it really is better that I thought it was.....Maybe that means the RB320 is not as good as it looks....

I can be contacted anytime at 086 3841611
Ken

hey all seen the wr1 tonight oh god if i had the money, i was driving behind ken and pulled in for a chat, nice lad, and said he would take around 20k for it, god it was so clean.

noel

Noel......nice to meet you the other day.......and thanks for bringing this thread up again....as I said I really love the WR1...and I am really amazed that I have just had one offer in almost 18 months for this car.....its been in Autotrader for the past week ....and I still await a call.....maybe I should raffle it...

Dave....thanks for your comments.....Yes both cars are well looked after..serviced regularly.....Wr1...evry 5000miles as recommended....and I have always put in NF on every fill on both......

Ken

[quote author=Ken link=topic=16631.msg255410#msg255410 date=1265366282]

Noel......nice to meet you the other day.......and thanks for bringing this thread up again....as I said I really love the WR1...and I am really amazed that I have just had one offer in almost 18 months for this car.....its been in Autotrader for the past week ....and I still await a call.....maybe I should raffle it...

Dave....thanks for your comments.....Yes both cars are well looked after..serviced regularly.....Wr1...evry 5000miles as recommended....and I have always put in NF on every fill on both......

Ken
[/quote]

Unfortunately thats the way it is at the moment.
I had my irish 05 sti advertised for 2 months at 16.5k, low mileage and really good condition, and only got one genuine phone call, who eventually bought it, at a steal of a price.
Of course the WR1 is more desireable, but mine is just an example of how things are.
Best of luck anyway, they are both fine examples of newage scoobs.

What sort of money is on the WR1? I'm still in market for an Impreza as a second car. Hadn't even considered the WR1 because of past prices, but with all this recession and the car market on its ear, there're now within my reach. Think the WR1 is something that could be cherished and kept for the long term.

Hi there......I would have to agree 100% with your last statement....it certainly will be a good buy now for someone......as its almost half the price it was 18 months back......Not sure what experience you have of imprezas but its the best I have had.....and I have been very lucky owning a few (including a P1).....I doubt very much if there is a Wr1 anywhere that has been looked after as well.....but so far I have just had the one offer in over 18 months..so open to offers.......If you are interested give me a call at 086 3841611

Ken

Hi Ken,
In an earlier post you said 'Since i got it back' - what does that mean. Can you post up a few more pictures to wet the appetite and to help convince the other half ;-)

Never owned an Impreza yet, but a few of my friends have (seems to be the one's without kids), including one with a P1, so I'd have alot of respect for his opinion on this matter.

Cheers
Darren

@Darren.

I think Ken left the car in with a dealer to sell it, and then took it back as very little interest. If only I had the money I would be all over that WR1.

Darren........I am useless at putting photos on the website.....but there are 7 other photos on Autotrader.....www.autotrader.ie.....picture above I think doesn't do it justice......I have other I could e-mail to you........
"Since I got it back"....its a long story.....Basically I bought an RB320.....(June 2008 before the change in vrt/tax etc)....A chap in the club was very keen on my car...I made an agreement with garage in Clondalkin..to sell the Wr1....but it turned out they would not accept the car he had ...or they would not give him anything like the trade in he wanted....BTW they valued the Wr1 at that time at €35....Anyway as I had the RB320..did not really want both at home.....so garage agreed to sell the car for me.....but it seemed as time went by.....they would not accept any trade in...and car remained with them for over a year......Finally decided to take it back and try myself.......and it was when I got it back that I realized how good it was.......maybe thats because the RB320 is not as good...its certainly different.....and I have to admit I much prefer the Wr1.....no matter what way you drive ...slowly or moving on.....
I loved the P1 when I had it....and it took me quite a while to get used to the Wr1 from it.......but in my opinion the Wr1 is a better all round car....
Ken

Darren,

I noticed yesterday that there was only one photo ........when the add when on originally a few weeks ago there were 7 others that I sent them......i spoke to them this morning......and within a few minutes they had the 7 photos on again........so cannot believe that as you say there is only the one now...However after speaking to them again just now they say they will be back within an hour....updating they say for tomorrows magazine........don't really understand that....
I have the car at work ...and its in Cherry Orchard Ind.Estate........so you can call by anytime...(from 8 to 6)..Do you know where that is??

Ken

Darren,

Sorry I should have said......as I am sure you probably know.....thats I am in Dublin...

Ken

Darren,

After a few e-mails and Phone Calls to Autotrader........the pictures are now up on the website again.....

Ken

Back