Defi Link ???

STiBrian

Octane Boostaholics
Lads can I get some advice.
I was looking at a 98 Type R yesterday, fresh in from Japan. It had all sorts of extras on it. I'm completely lacking in knowledge about all of this. Can I get some advice/help.
Firstly what does a defi link do? It had a boost controller and all the dials seemed to be wound around to max. There was a defi boost gauge also that was showing that the car was boosting to 1 bar but it was beeping as soon as it hit this boost and a red light was coming on. Is this normal?

"Defi-Link Display is a multipurpose monitor which provides information on speed, oil temperature, water temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and exhaust temperature by connecting to the Defi-Link Control Unit II"

If its been modified in Japan and may have an aftermarket ECU aswell as the boost controler Id suggest you get it mapped and set up right.

Damo

Cheers for that, but it didn't have any digital display, just a row of buttons saying play, fwd, rec etc. Where would I read the information from? If I do buy a Jap car I will be getting it remapped as a matter of urgency.

The Defi link is connected to the defi guage/s. You can see your peak boost and get it to record a few seconds of driving. i.e it will replay what the guage/s were reading while you were driving.

And does the boost gauge normally beep when it hits max boost, the red light usually means trouble I would have thought?

Back