apexi valves

were can i get one and how much

• Total voters
K

knight71

ok guys i am looking to buy a apexi valve for my 1996 sti wagon does anyone know someone who fit them any help welcome :thumbsup: as i see the cops stoping in the street and looking at me :naughty: :naughty:

Can be bought online. And i dont think there that hard at all to fit maybe you could have a go at it youreself :thumbsup:

And this is what he means:
ECV80mm_flange_type.jpg

The way things are going and if noisey exhausts are going to be targeted by the law,
that device could be one for the group buy section.

Any chance they could do any damage to the car if you close it and give the car some revs? I mean the exhaust gas has to go somewhere even when that is closed :ponder: :ponder:

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=16604.msg203778#msg203778 date=1248205668]
As far as i know Rob they dont fully close. Lookig at the picture that is prob as far as it can close :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Makes a bit more sense, can you drive with it like that? If you can, then H&S 4.5inch here i come :icon_headbang:

i have it on my scooby lads an you cant drive the car with it on it wont let you holds back the power to much
great job when your jus tipping around town an not going to hard

easy to fit ten muinet job if you get a bolt in one like above but my one is a weld in one
bit of a course

There was great system from aus the basically provide to routes for your exhaust one was through a cat and a silencer the other straight through..simply flick a swtich and a control flap opens up the loud route..cant remember the name of it but would be perfect for most of us especially dealing with nct..I would say thats how they will target loud exhausts decibel test at the centre

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=16604.msg203845#msg203845 date=1248211649]
There was great system from aus the basically provide to routes for your exhaust one was through a cat and a silencer the other straight through..simply flick a swtich and a control flap opens up the loud route..cant remember the name of it but would be perfect for most of us especially dealing with nct..I would say thats how they will target loud exhausts decibel test at the centre
[/quote]

There was a post put up here somewhere about that before... looked like a great job. Doesnt restrict the gasses as such but re-directs them through a silencer section built in to the back box wasnt it???

I personally prefer my 4.5" hayward and scott :icon_biggrin:

If what there proposing comes into action tho :dontknow:

[quote author=Couture Nick link=topic=16604.msg204017#msg204017 date=1248252501]
We keep these in stock in the shop.
[/quote]

How much are they? Can you say a price or pm one to me. Are they available in both 2.5inch and 3inch fitments?

[/quote]

That sounds perfect!
The butterfly valve at the top would defo be a restriction at high bhp levels
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=16604.msg204035#msg204035 date=1248255668]
[/quote]

That sounds perfect!
The butterfly valve at the top would defo be a restriction at high bhp levels
Dan
[/quote]

There is a butterfly valve is in the exhaust either way. The apexi one just restricts the flow, and the one dave is on about redirects it by blocking the main pipe. Just means you cant drive her on with the apexi one near closed, but when they are both open there is still the valve in the exhaust so same effect at max performance

Did any of the leggys come with some sort of exhaust damper as my mates estate wagon had a lever down beside the exhaust.
The genuine exhaust is gone so we couldnt tell, but it looks like something of the above

[quote author=Couture Nick link=topic=16604.msg204017#msg204017 date=1248252501]
We keep these in stock in the shop.

[/quote]

id be interested in one of these aswel ,any prices?

[quote author=Pete link=topic=16604.msg204043#msg204043 date=1248256845]
Did any of the leggys come with some sort of exhaust damper as my mates estate wagon had a lever down beside the exhaust.
The genuine exhaust is gone so we couldnt tell, but it looks like something of the above
[/quote]

The b4 came with a control flap in the muffler which is ECU controlled..it closes at low revs opens at high etc

Back