mondeo wont start

azerp

Sunday Drivers
hi looking for helpl please i have just changed the clutch on my father in laws 00 1.8 mondeowas running fine now the new clutch is in and done it wont start we have checked all the wires that we removed during the change and more we have tried another coil pack and still nothing and my knowlage of new cars is limited dont no what els it coud be or where to check next thanks very much :thumbsup:

their is a emergency cut off switch under the bonnet it would usually be that just press the button for a few secs as far as i no its a red button in the fords not to sure excatly where it is. Hope you get sorted :thumbsup:

Did ya get it sorted??

I know the older BM's done this from time to time. Take the earth off the Battery and tap it on the terminal 5 or 6 times. If this is going to fix it ya will hear a loudish Click!!!!
Check around the Bulkhead for a Largish red button (should be flat) if its not flat then push it back in.
Check all wires are in place and none have been reversed..... Also check that you have locked and unlocked the car before trying to start as this can also be a immobiliser fault finder.....

Check All Fuel lines are attacked properly and the fuel system isnt airlocked.

If none of the above works...... Call your friendly mechanic :comp26:

immobiliser wont allow engine to crank so its not the immobiliser IMO...
check the crank sensor hasnt got damaged coz that will knock out the ecu signal !!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the father in law forgot to mention he took fuse out as his main headlight beams werent working also and put them back in the reverse order they were supposed to :wall:

Back