legecy b4 question?

V

ver 4

wats the power, a/t button and the hold button 4 bside the gearstick. automatic

AFAIK the a/t button switches between triptronic mode and fully auto, couple of years since Ive driven an auto I think the hold/power button is like asports mode keeps the gear for longer.

Power is like sport mode-makes the gear changes noticably sharper-not sure what hold does-maybe lets the car rev out a bit more?

Lads ye wen i av it on power i tink theires more grunt alri, bt den i thought i was imagine it,

i think the hold button is for cruising ...etc
if your in top gear doing 70 on a motorway , and you floor it .. the car should drop a gear and take off ...

if the hold button is engaged , it will stay in top gear and wont drop down..

thats the way it was in an auto celica i drove a few years back

The power button revs out a small bit more and changes gear that little bit later to get the greatest acceleration, Am going to check what silverbullet said about the hold button but as far as i was aware was it was like the snow button in some cars in that on slippery surfaces she wont pull off as much and slip all over the place! i will check the hold button tonight for you if i can.

Paddy

As above:

Power Button is for higher rev gear changes. So normal mode sorta economy mode but also with kick down, Power mode be basically sports mode of box.

Hold button is correct as snow/ice button intention. So think of it as a manual car where you'd take of in second gear in icy conditions.

Back