air con

E

ej20inside

ok lads just wanna pick some brains,dont tink my air con gets as cold as it should ,when driving my da's altezza or my bro's stagea the air con is so much colder,any ideas how to fix this,when turning it on it does get a little cold but not as cold as it should. :653:

First off you should hear the magnetic switch when you power the air con up, revs should also increase slightly, this will tell you if it is coming on at all, if it is not coming on re gas it then check for leaks. Make sure air con drive belt is fitted

Mine is in the same boat...... Tho I dont know if mine is actually coming on at all......
can someone post up a diagram of where the pully for the belt to go onto is?
if it is there ill need somewhere to get it regassed and see if thats the problem

revs do increase when its turned on and the belt is on,so im assuming it needsto be re-gased. :1poke:,where can i get this done or could i do it myself?? :1poke:

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=16580.msg203630#msg203630 date=1248187767]
Mine is in the same boat...... Tho I dont know if mine is actually coming on at all......
can someone post up a diagram of where the pully for the belt to go onto is?
if it is there ill need somewhere to get it regassed and see if thats the problem
[/quote]

When your looking in on your engine, the alternator will be dead centre, the aircon will be to the right.

Found the pic! :thumbsup:
subaru-v-belt-change1.jpg

Refridgeration engineer is your best bet think there is a couple on here, you can buy gas in motorfactors but i got a fridge guy to do mine for 20 euro and mine was totally empty.

this might help

1st picture is of a sight glass....when your a/c starts the magnet on the pump engages (click noise) then you should look at your sight glass and you should see liquid going through and kinda foggy for a few secs and then it should clear up and if your a/c has enough gas it should become clear as if nothing in it and if you turn off the a/c the gas should start bubbling until the pump starts up again..... now if you turn on your a/c pump and see nothing happening there and pump not engaging it prob out gas or if you see liquid constasnly flashing thru and pump running it will mean low on gas.

2nd and 3rd picture is of the pump and the pipe coming out is the high side adapter with the green cap with H on it... when the a/c is is off you will see the pulley spinning and the middle magnetic piece will stay stationary... when the a/c engages the middle magnet will start spinging if theres enough gas in it...there is one wire going into the pump and there is 12v there when pump is enaged (i have seen 12v there and pump seized.. hit it and it might just free it)

4th picture is of the low side adapter (suction pipe) with the green cap with L on it just behind intercooler... that pipe is the return pipe and when your a/c is runnin awhile that pipe should be cold and you should see condensation on it..

most cars have a sticker on the front panel saying what gas in it (mainly r134a) and the weight (most cars are about 500grams to 600grams)

there is any amount of problems that can occur with the a/c i could go on all day but this might help so if anyone has a prob dont be afraid to ask..

Back