pulley???

azerp

Sunday Drivers
quick question have 00 v limited type r and i just noticed theres a pulley with no belt connected to th right of the altenator any ideas. everything with the car is fine

yeah have aircon its under the shroud it doesnt look like a normal pulley has pieces mounted to the front of it

why would it be missing that only got timing belt done think machnic would of told me :angry1:

Are you sure your air con is working? Without the belt it shouldn't. Normal climate control will work but air con won't without a belt.

yeah i think its the noraml climate control light comes on thats about it have to get one cheers for the heads up :beerbang:

sounds like air con belt

May have been removed due to noisy air con pulley or belt was in bad cond and removed and never replaced

someone might have removed the belt because the pump was in trouble.... a friend of mine had a the same model and the pump was seized... the pulley was running fine but when the pump was engaged for cooling it would burn the belt off... as soon as the pump engages you should see the middle bit spinning... and questions pm me i am a refrigeration engineer and do alot of work with a/c units...

cheers padraic when i get the belt fitted tomorrow i will give yeah shout if i have any trouble

the pump has a magnetic clutch and wont be any harm unless the air con is on!!!!
i'd say its dissconnected because a bearing is worn or something damaged rather than for a performance gain!!!!
also if the main feed was disconnected at any stage,there would be no refridgerant in tha pump so maybe the belt was left off to avoid wrecking the pump!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

Back