No Boost???

collieno

Petrolheads
Car was working fine all evening and then all of a sudden it decided it wanted to become a non turbo. It is not boosting at all now, there was no smoke as you would expect from a blown turbo and there is no funny noises from the engine. It litteraly will not boost. Any ideas what it is??

Ye there is no sucking noises like an intercooler pipe or something is disconnected and there is no oil leaks so its got me stumped

odviously no spooling noise?

Thought crossed my mind but its a long shot..... Remove the turbo and see can you turn it in your hand..... Could be something sticking!!!!!

If pipes are all fine then I would have no idea!!!!!!
:ponder2:
Hope everything works out and its something very simple mate :pray:

Ye its a pickle of a one alright, there is no spooling noise at all. Going to go out now and start taking bits apart and see if i can cure it

[quote author=gretts-WRseX link=topic=16512.msg202822#msg202822 date=1247913146]
try and see if the actuator is moving freely,
mine was stuck not so long ago so had no boost
[/quote]

What was happening when yours was like that, was it just not boosting and not really wanting to go past 3k revs? There is a little bit of smoke out of it now but not as much as i would expect if turbo was blown

ye sounds like same problem when you floored it it was a bit smokey flet like the car was been smoothered

Work the actuator arm by hand to make sure its moving Shuld be a bit of resistance but not overly so.Clean out the boost control solenoild aswell t make sure its ok before you start pulling the car apart.............................

Had a glanza turbo a couple of years ago and it had a faulty actuator.
Too much play in it so it was leaking boost as it wasnt holding the waste gate shut.
I was getting some boost but only about half the turbos pottential. :thumbsup:

Checked the actuator, the arm is moving by hand alright so its not ceased. Disconnected boost solenoid and still not attempt to boost. Looks like it could be turbo alright so if anyone has any 2nd hand ones let me know

Back