miss when driveing

huzzy

Sunday Drivers
hi lads im looking at a jap 1995 sti for a friend of mine.. :)

The only problem is at 4,000rpm it starts missing ha said if you accerlate slightly it will kinda go away... :dunno:

It ticks over sweet as a nut...

whats the miles ?

they generally go anywhere from 80k kms upwards

I think I might occasionally get this 'miss' or slight loss of power. Can anyone explain what's involved in changing them and what sort of money is involved to get new ones... and if someone could explain what they are and what they do I'd be even happier :D

hi huzzy,mate of mine had same sort of prob on his wagon,we changed the lambda sensor,and it was all sorted,also sounded same as to wats happening with your mates...worth checking out... :thumbsup:

best new price for coils ive seen is £35 + vat each (same ones u need - short stubby type 1 bolt)
i've a similar prob where on occasion the car just bogs down in primary turbo mode.
it will hiccup in the high revs as well but very rarely.
im going to replace the maf, o2 sensor and coils in that order to try cure it.

maf this weekend and going to do full diagnostic as well will let ye know how i get on

THANKS LADS HE WONT HAVE THE CAR UNTIL TUSEDAY SO I WILL LET YE KNOW WHATS WRONG THEN SOUND OUT :thumbsup:

[quote author=legacytt link=topic=1852.msg16349#msg16349 date=1174648830]

maf this weekend and going to do full diagnostic as well will let ye know how i get on

[/quote]

ok so new maf installed and still the same problem (so i have a spare maf if anyone needs one).
still getting a code 21 after ecu reset - coolant temp sensor.
would this cause poor running ? even after warming up ??

[quote author=legacytt link=topic=1852.msg16630#msg16630 date=1175001087]

[/quote]

ok so new maf installed and still the same problem (so i have a spare maf if anyone needs one).
still getting a code 21 after ecu reset - coolant temp sensor.
would this cause poor running ? even after warming up ??
next thing to check is the boost solenoid..

HE DROPED THE CAR DOWN TO ME TODAY I HAD THE 1 BOLD COILS BUT THE CAR HAS 2 BOLT IN IT  :ponder: MABY THE ENGINE WAS SWAPED  :dunno:
  THE PLUGS WERE F##KED CHANGED THEM OUT FOR NEW LONG LIFE DENSO ONES AND NOW IT SEEMS OK,HANDY ONE HA :headbanger:

THE CAR IS A 1995 STI TYPE RA :)

also few of the very early ones had 2 bolt coils manufactured in 92 or very early 93

George

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=1852.msg17086#msg17086 date=1175291540]
2bolt means its a legacy turbo engine.. so not STi pistons etc etc..
[/quote]

im confused now :ponder:
i've a legacy turbo with 1 bolt coils ??

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=1852.msg17255#msg17255 date=1175552623]
early single turbo ones.. 89-95 in uk.... what year is yours???
[/quote]
ah i get it now
95 twin turbo...

Back