Looking for a new double din unit - Suggestions?

iron_hide

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys. Looking to replace my current oem stereo unit in my 02 bug eye WRX and was wondering if you could make any suggestions. I'm looking for a non-motorised screen with sat nav, doesn't have to play DVDS and MP3 playback via SD or IPOOD would be nice. I have been looking at a few pioneers but they are off the wall expensive? What units should I look out for or avoid??

Also slight off topic, I'm looking for authentic WRX car mats any place online I can get these or only through a dealer?

Cheers.

You can get them from china pretty cheap, its usually stuff thats made side by side in the same factory as the main brands so you'd get similar quality. A lot of them offer guarantee's which are worthless but its a chance you take. They are also sold by sellers on ebay, AndyC got one recently and seems very happy with it. I will hopefully be going down this route soon although i've been saying that for a year

Have a look at the kenwoods serious unit, I had two of the cheap ones and both gave software problems , i can get good price on Kenwoods if you are interested.

Get onto goldenjohn, got a double din dvd / mp3 / sat nav that picks up rte and few other channels so you can watch fair city to yer hearts content!! :roll:

Think he paid €120!!not sure but pm him

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=16405.msg208130#msg208130 date=1249594340]
Nice unit goldenjihn.

Have you gps on it or how would you add it?????????

[/quote]

+1 .

@goldenjohn ... is there a usb port at the back of that unit and what is it like at night time drving .. is it bright ..

Sorry aint been on in a while as i've been sick,

Ya it has usb, SD card, Tv Ariel, Plug in for Digital, I think the GPS is on a SD card that you have too buy seperatly, Not 100%, i didn't bother with that. Only little problem as of late is the Bluetooth. (Sorry Robbie), Dvd is Perfect, good sound from the speakers, with the standard ISO plug for amp, So macintosh AMP will NOT fit it.
I'll be at the meet on thursday if ye want a mess with it!!! :thumbsup:

CARLO How long are ya here now :snooty: :lol:

At the bottom left of the post box you can see in blue (Additional options).
Click on browse directly across from attach and select a file from your computer too attach.
You get 4 options
1. Notify me of replies
2. Return to this topic
3. Dont use smileys
4. Attach Browse [size=6pt](More Attachments)[/size]

And for up too 4 attachments click more attachments

right thats the simple part :icon_lol:

If i am looking at a site how do i save so i can post here.like u did on th e bay one :comp26:

:smokin:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=16405.msg209351#msg209351 date=1250021366]
right thats the simple part :icon_lol:

If i am looking at a site how do i save so i can post here.like u did on th e bay one :comp26:

:smokin:
[/quote]
If you want to post a link go to the page you want to put in your msg on here,
then at the very top of that page in the search bar the address is there,
click on that and highlight it blue then right click and click on copy then
add the link in your msg here by again right clicking and click paste :thumbsup:

Back