dump valve give any more power

cwrx

Sunday Drivers
do good quality dump valves (blitz) give any more power to a wrx just fitted one a few days ago bought it off a good friend :dontknow:

I could be wrong.... So dont quote me on this.....

It doesnt give any extra power.... however like a few other things, It does improve the efficiency of the turbo as far as i am aware....

like it keeps the turbo spooling between gear changes and so on....

It might feel a little quicker but its not got any extra power....

thanks hammie for the info teah it fells quicker but didint think it did anything major. :thumbsup:

Just makes a nice noise!! that's it!
At normal boost levels, they have no practical advantage!
Sound good though!
Dan

Its from wiki but i couldnt explain it any better read below :zzzz:

Dump valves are fitted to the engines of turbo charged cars and sit between the turbo intlet and the throttle body. When transitioning from a boosted state to a closed throttle state (as in between shifts), due to inertia, the turbo continues to pressurize air, but the closed throttle prevents the compressed air from entering the engine. In this case the pressure exceeds the preset spring pressure in the dump valve and the excess pressure is bled off to atmosphere.

Even with a dump valve the compressed air acts as a brake on the turbo (slowing it down), because the pressure on the backside of the turbo is at a higher pressure than on the front side (and the air actually wants to flow through the turbo backwards).

A blowoff valve is a more elegant solution to this problem by allowing the turbo to "freewheel" when the throttle is closed (equalizing the pressure on both sides of the turbo). Unlike a dump valve a blowoff valve can be used at multiple boost settings without reconfiguration.

Blowoff valves are sometimes incorrectly called dump valves because they serve a similar function, but they are very different solutions to the same problem.

Your car has it's standard recirculating valve anyway, which releases the boost the same as a BOV
I have kept the standard setup on my car, and there is little or no loss of boost between gear changes,
That's running one of the biggest standard possition turbos you can get!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=16394.msg201544#msg201544 date=1247442353]
Your car has it's standard recirculating valve anyway, which releases the boost the same as a BOV
I have kept the standard setup on my car, and there is little or no loss of boost between gear changes,
That's running one of the biggest standard possition turbos you can get!
Dan
[/quote]

New age modded cars runs best on standard dump valve as above...... AGREED....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=joescooby link=topic=16394.msg201507#msg201507 date=1247433851]
Feck of stew i sold it 2 him very cheap i dont rip off me friends :dance: :dance: :dance: :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

:icon_nana:Least it wont be an ornament any more. Hope ya took the cobwebs out Ciaran. :whistle:

Back