2 pot calipers in a B4

stevo

Petrolheads
can anyone tell me if the rear 2pot calipers from a late '98 version 5 sti type R will fit on a '00 B4?

i have the fitting bracket and washers but when i go to bolt on the calipers the disc is not in line with gap in the calipers?

am i doing something wrong? :dontknow:

Hi Stevo
Im not familiar with how the brackets work with the calipers but have you tried the washers between bracket and hub and bracket and caliper in different combinations?
Like 2 of the washers at the hub side of the bracket and 2 at the caliper side. Or all 4 at the hub side or all 4 at the caliper side? :thumbsup:

Also, have you removed or at least bent the stone guard out the way that surrounds the rear of the disc?

Hope these help Stevo.
These brackets are obviously made this way to avoid the need of the washers but hopefully you'll be able to figure out where the washers go from the pics :thumbsup:

i think i have the wrong brackets, it shows on your picture a piece on the bracket thats offset my bracket are just flat

this is what i have

SSL20919.jpg

As Brian said, they should work.

They are the same brackets that where in my adapter kit
24e5_1.jpg

Hi stevo. You have the right brackets, just yours arent offset so you have those washers to act as the offset.
If you look at the pictures i posted and try recreate the offset you see with the washers you have.
:thumbsup:

beat me to it lads :thumbsup:

Did you get longer bolts like in scoobymaniacs picture?

@matt - ya i got 2 short bolts and 2 longer ones per bracket

i had another go at fitting these brackets and clipers and im sure they are not going to work.

has anyone actually fitted these onto a B4 successfully??

:ponder2:

Thats a strange one Stevo
They should fit.
Best thing to do is pm all the lads who were in on the group buy of the brackets and see if they have fitted them yet :thumbsup:

hmm, I feckin hope they fit, I just had one of the lads in work copy John's set for me so i can fit rear brembo's. God, thats gonna be a pain in the hole now if they don't :doh: :doh: :wall: :wall:

@ sweetcakes - when do you think you will be fitting your set? i just want to know if im wrong or if the brackets are wrong? :ponder2:

I'll hopefully have my car back within 2 weeks as its in getting sorted at the minute and will be putting them on straight away then

Back