new age

A

aidan

can anyone tell me is this normal..... my car is fine handleing wise but as soon as i take a corner in the wet it seems to slide......
i wasn expectin this from a wrx... could it be bushings or summit?/???????????

No matter how good your suspension is remember your tyres are what keep ya on the road. :thumbsup:

i have the same problem mate, is urs a jap import, from what i was told is that it could be the compound on your tyres,they use a different type of compound in japan to suit the hot wheather so it is not as siutable for irish wheather. someone please correct me if needs be :ponder2:

They would also have different materials in the road too, There is no other tar in the world like Ireland.

What tyres have you on it Aidan?

my legacy was the same when i first had it if you took a corner tight at speed it would slide out of control with loads of oversteer. came with a set of Pirelli's on them with loads of thread. switched to the goodyears bought over here and you can throw her into corners now with no problem even in wet.. SOunds like new tyres needed, wrong compund on ones from japan, suited to their warmer climate i'd say. you can get a great set for about 400-450 fitted these days

just checked lads the tyres are all differant makes..... kumho and nankan on front and perelli and warl on back....

wow its like a packet of bassets, and as every one else said tyres make a huge difference, i had some crap called (stunners), car would under steer, oversteer, do pretty much every thing except wot you wanted it to do, and now i have goodyears and i couldnt fault them at all loads of grip in all weather.

[quote author=aidan link=topic=16373.msg201742#msg201742 date=1247524145]
just checked lads the tyres are all differant makes..... kumho and nankan on front and perelli and warl on back....
[/quote]

im in same boat, ive recently bought a bug eye wrx and it has 4 different tyres, i too havnt got a lot of confidence in the wet, no where near as grippy as my old classic sti type r..

time for some eagle f1's me thinks

Good year F1's and Toyo T1R's seem to be the best tyres,
I also really liked he Bridgestone Potenza 070 that came standard on the spec c!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=16373.msg201765#msg201765 date=1247528278]
Good year F1's and Toyo T1R's seem to be the best tyres,
I also really liked he Bridgestone Potenza 070 that came standard on the spec c!
Dan
[/quote]

Going for the T1R's soon myself...

Those Bridgestones are on my car now there great but mad money

I have Pirelli P zero's on the forester as a road tyre,They are grand but they have worn very quickly,
Hankook ventus RS2 on the forester and skyline as tortured track tyres and they ar wearing very well, but they aren't great in the wet,
I had Bridgestone potenza RE030's on the forester as track and road tyres they were very god all round, not as grippy as the RS2's on track but better in the wet and well wearing!
Had Pirelli P6000's on my skyline, and they and they walked off in no time, compared to the RS2's
Have Goodyear Eagle F1's on my 200hp FWD golf GTTDI and I drive the heart and soul out of that every day, I play a little game every time I drive her to see how many times I can make the ESP kick in while driving! Point is the tyres grip well and let go progressively in wet and dry, I have done a few trackdays on them also, and wear very very well
Have to say, Best tyre I've ever had on a car!
Dan

so i think i''ll get the eagles f1's....... how much for a set 225/45/18 roughly???????

I got 4 x 215/35/18 Eagle F1's a few months back and got them for €700 fitted and balanced, I checked around and this was the best price i could get, others charging nearly €1000 for same tyre :hammerhead:

Dunno how much 225/45/18s will be but probably more than mine :thumbsup:

P.S. excellent tyre :subaru:

Back