Seat cleaner

tommy 555

Member Number 935
Whats best for cleaning the car seats , must be 2 years worth of dust n crap on them and the grey cloth is lookin bit bad ? :icon_evil:

any recomendations ? :ponder2:

A few stains on there too Tommy :ponder:

only messing, If you can get hold of a wet/dry vack and give them a good going over and let dry they will look like new :cool:

Nope no stains Pete , Cheeky fooooker :tongue:

Wonder can ya hire them yokes ? , :ponder2:

dunno how ya work them hoover things :ponder2: may let herself at it :icon_hang:

Dead if she sees this :mooner:

Not to sure if they can be hired, only ever heard of lads getting a lend from garages. If you can rent it, its worth while getting a few lads together and getting the most out of the vac.

Super Clean then Tommy

Buy the foam fabric cleaner in a motor factors/halfords. Give the seats a good hoover first then spray on the foam generously. Leave it for a few minutes and then hoover the seats thoroughly. Use the little fitting that comes with most hoovers with the flat head , if you can find it ! I done this loads of times and works a treat. Same process for the carpets. Usually two tins of the spray will do the whole interior. When your done just let it dry out for a few hours. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Tried various types of foams on other cars and wasn't overly impressed with any of them once they had dried out , always looked like i had missed bits , i'd probably be over fussy bout em tho , but cheers all the same lad , think i may just stop drivin her to work n take the girlfriends car , :ponder2:

[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=16371.msg201096#msg201096 date=1247258688]
Whats best for cleaning the car seats , must be 2 years worth of dust n crap on them and the grey cloth is lookin bit bad ? :icon_evil:

any recomendations ? :ponder2:

[/quote] are u in dublin tommy i can get a lend of a wet /dry vac durin g the week,if that suits u

[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=16371.msg201110#msg201110 date=1247261515]
Tried various types of foams on other cars and wasn't overly impressed with any of them once they had dried out , always looked like i had missed bits , i'd probably be over fussy bout em tho , but cheers all the same lad , think i may just stop drivin her to work n take the girlfriends car , :ponder2:

quote]Know what you mean alright. Can take a while to get a decent result with them. I just got an interior valet done on mine this week and she's like new. Seats,carpets and roof lining all machine washed. Cost €100 but well worth it. :smile:

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=16371.msg201111#msg201111 date=1247261625]
[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=16371.msg201096#msg201096 date=1247258688]

any recomendations ? :ponder2

[/quote] are u in dublin tommy i can get a lend of a wet /dry vac durin g the week,if that suits u
[/quote]

Jesus man that be savage , i'm working in dublin most nights , over at Gonzaga college , doin security work so i'd doin it when i'm supposed to be workin :tongue:

[quote author=Richiemac link=topic=16371.msg201115#msg201115 date=1247262811]
[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=16371.msg201110#msg201110 date=1247261515]

quote]Know what you mean alright. Can take a while to get a decent result with them. I just got an interior valet done on mine this week and she's like new. Seats,carpets and roof lining all machine washed. Cost €100 but well worth it. :smile:
[/quote]

Money well spent Lad , not overly keen on leaving my car with other people to clean , i've heard some horror stories and seen some bad results , plus i'm a fecker for findin faults with peoples work on my car , :naughty: :snooty:

Buy your own then Tommy. Think vax do one for about €180. 2 cars and shes paid for. Only reason i trust the lads who do mine is their place is right across the road from my work so i can keep an eye on them :icon_biggrin:

May have one here tommy, I'll have a look in the morning for ya and let you know. I think its a Vax, may only be the bottom model but might be worth a try before you spend any money :thumbsup:

[

[/quote]

Jesus man that be savage , i'm working in dublin most nights , over at Gonzaga college , doin security work so i'd doin it when i'm supposed to be workin :tongue:

[/quote] well i will sort it out for monday or tuesday i done my car and mats and turned out brilliant,
actually i might see if i can get it fort the weekwnd and give it a going over for barretstown... wil let u know when i can get :thumbsup:

[quote author=Richiemac link=topic=16371.msg201120#msg201120 date=1247263814]
Buy your own then Tommy. Think vax do one for about €180. 2 cars and shes paid for. Only reason i trust the lads who do mine is their place is right across the road from my work so i can keep an eye on them :icon_biggrin:
[/quote]

Your laughin so man , at least you can keep an eye on your car , thanks for the help man

My mam rented this thing from Homebase during the week to clean her carpets. Think it was called 'Rug Doctor', €35 for 24 hours. When she'd finished i took out the seats, done them and the carpets and they are spotless now!

I use Meguairs APC or Autoglym Interior Shampoo for mine, and an extractor. Its like a wet vac/carpet cleaner.
A frienf of mine who does some valeting has a karcher one that i get the use of whenever I need it
Sam hire near me do a very similar carpet cleaner which i got once and does the job just as good
get yourself a small softish nail brush and get scrubbin!!

Cheers for the suggestions lads , Think i'm sorted tho , gettin a lend of Robbie's steam cleaner and try it out some night in work , I,ll try take before and after shots and post them up

Back