POLISH FOR BARRETSTOWN

gc8aido

Petrolheads
Story lads,

Am taking part in the Barretstown Charity Drive this sunday and wanted to give the car a good polish / wax etc so shes shiney as fook!!

Have an electric buffer at home along with Turtle Wax NanoTek Wax but just wanted to know if this is any use or what other products i shoud use and at what stage of the clean...car will be cleaned tonight so hope to polish and wax tomorrow..

ANY ideas and advice would be welcomed!! :thumbsup:

Clay the car if you have time, then polish it (what polish do you have?), then put a glaze on top of the polish (meguiars step 2 is a good glaze, i know it says polish but its not) and this will give it a good wet look, follow that with a good wax and your then you're done :thumbsup: ... well apart from the wheels windows and interior and rubber bits that is :doh:

Dont have any polish..Any good recommendations and where could i pick some up on saturday?Just have that nano tek stuff...so put the nano tek on 1st, then polish her with buffing cloth and and then use meguires step2 after??

Sorry now, bit of a polishing / waxing novice to be honest!! :icon_redface:

I use Autoglym super resin polish and its good, but a good brand polish will be fine, clay bar first then polish and finally wax

I would advise to mask off all black rubber bits, using masking tape will be fine, as i didn use it, i left polish stains on the rubber bits, but i used Autoglym bumper care to remove the polish stains

Well you cant go too far wrong with a good clean, then step 2 glaze and step 3 wax. you could put some autoglym super resin polish on before the glaze to fill any swirls and the car will look great. Only problem is that the meguiars step 3 wax doesnt last very long, only a few days in my experience but it will do the job for you. Maybe put a second coat on if you have the time. If you wash the car once a week and reapplied the wax only then it will keep the car looking well :thumbsup:

Sound ill do that so,

Yeah i always wash her once a week and find that she gets dirty fairly quick and i have a couple of scratches as im not putting any stuff on her to protect.

Grand ill float up to halfords in the morning and get the polish. Might aswell use the Nano tek wax i have for step 3!!??Do you boys rate the Turtle Wax Nano Tek?Its in a green tub.

Oh and can ye suggest a good clay bar?

[quote author=gc8aido link=topic=16365.msg201024#msg201024 date=1247235974]
Sound ill do that so,

Yeah i always wash her once a week and find that she gets dirty fairly quick and i have a couple of scratches as im not putting any stuff on her to protect.

Grand ill float up to halfords in the morning and get the polish. Might aswell use the Nano tek wax i have for step 3!!??Do you boys rate the Turtle Wax Nano Tek?Its in a green tub.

Oh and can ye suggest a good clay bar?
[/quote]

why not give mickwrx a shout he has all you need for pampering your car

A good claybar to start off with is the meguiars soft clay bar with quick detailer , you can get it as a kit ,its easy to use, cut the bar in half just in case you drop it on the ground you would have to throw it away then, Thats why its handy to have the 2nd piece, i done the whole of my car with half a bar this video should help :thumbsup:

I bought a good bit of stuff off mickwrx he is sound out and the products are good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI

Just rang mick there and meeting him tonight to get the stuff!!!

That video is handy alright!!!!fair play :icon_headbang:

Thanks lads..ill post up pics of her when am finished....after the customary beer and a quick scratch of the nuts is had!!! :multijump:

Thanks lads, fair play!!! :thumbsup: Yet again another display of good club spirit

[quote author=gc8aido link=topic=16365.msg201035#msg201035 date=1247238539]

That video is handy alright!!!!fair play :icon_headbang:

Thanks lads..ill post up pics of her when am finished....after the customary beer and a quick scratch of the nuts is had!!! :multijump:

Thanks lads, fair play!!! :thumbsup: Yet again another display of good club spirit
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I'm just finished t-cutting my car and polishing by hand. At it since 5 o clock, arms fooked ! Then the wife tells me its going to lash tomorrow :icon_sad: Hopefully sunday will be a better day for the drive. See you at spawell :thumbsup:

Back