GC8 impreza mapping

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
Quick question,was half looking at a cheap-ish gc8 impreza for sale.
Its run 4000kms on irish fuel with some octane booster.I was wondering if you can map the Gc8 impreza year 1997.Would you need to buy a new ECU or is the OEM fitted map-able?

Hi Gary,

I think You would need to buy a mappable one. I am the same, Ive a 97 type-r with the apexi Power FC.
Im telling you this but, if your buget can stretch that far. Get an ECU, exhaust with down pipe, some kind of boost controller, induction kit, NGK7 plugs and a remap! You wont know the car.

Best of luck,

Paddy

Is the down-pipe an issue with passing the NCT? emissions too high?

What sort of money would those mods set you back?
Cheers,
gar

[quote author=Gary O link=topic=16363.msg200983#msg200983 date=1247226988]
Is the down-pipe an issue with passing the NCT? emissions too high?
[/quote]

Not a chance of passing nct with it removed unless you go the sports cat route but that route is crazy money :thumbsup:

a 1997 should be ok they didnt switch to 100 ron until 98 so if you run e5 and some booster should be more than safe

Not a bad looking car Gary. Not a 22B spoiler though. looks like Version 6 spoiler.

Very low mileage for a '97??

Yeah it's quite low allrite,hard to tell if it's been sitting up for a while,the new front might suggest a possible crash hence the low mileage sitting up for down time.Sent a few txts there the tax is due up end of this month & it's available to view straight away.If i wasn't going away I'd go have a look see

v6 spoiler alrite, if ya had few hundred more my friend has a 98 for sale, ive a ad up, its the newer model up from that one your looking at,

it also has a type ra sticker under the right rear light and its not an ra

make sure you have a good look over that car before buying

with white brake light looks like a genuine v6 spoiler. Also 22b front bumper.

Highly possible mileage genuine if only used as second car.

Only way of knowing is by looking at it..

would sell you my v4 sti 98 for a little more if your interested?

Back