Fastest 4wd in Europe CONFIRMED for Bishops Court...

SWRC Wayne

Sunday Drivers
In May we had 3 10 sec runs, the fastest of which was set by Derek Donohoe with his A.I. Autosport tuned Evo 5 running a 10.696s.

The NEW record is now in the hands of Robbie Thornton of TDP with 10.103s closely run by John Curistan from East Coast Customs with a best of 10.186s

I'm sure we will see those times tumble in the coming months and possibly the record even change hands a few more times.

This video demonstrates what we can expect to see when Mick Begley rolls into [size=10pt][size=10pt]Bishops Court on 13th Sept. [/size] [/size] The car in the right lane is a true 10 sec car. Check this out: :icon_omg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7PlSxtOyjM"]You Tube - IN-CAR with Mick Begley in the GAIGIN 8.23 sec[/url]

DragOpenPosterWEB.jpg

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m6beg said:
We are in the process of fixing the Gear Box after the Gaijin's last run out at Santa pod.

We were on a world record run, up on Heat Treatments time at the eighth of a mile, I changed to fourth gear and bang it shredded fourth gear.
The car coasted from half track to do an impressive 8.7 @ 119mph

Vid here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv1VMwlX6ng Gutted wasn't the word :angry1:

Once again I can't wait to get the Gaijin on Irish soil, Thank you Wayne for making it happen.

See you soon.

Mick.

The GAIJIN will be arriving in Belfast on Fri 11th Sept, ahead of the assault on the Bishops Court tarmac on Sun 13th :cool:

4wd has it's limitations on the Drag strip. Mick's is Europe's fastest 4wd Drag car, soon to be the world's fastest :049:

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=16293.msg211651#msg211651 date=1250775311]
@2:03 AND I QUOTE " WORLDS fastest street legal car "
[/quote]
Yes, I can see Mick dropping down to the shops for the newspaper in that alright!

Seriously quick but the term "road car" has obviously been stretched a little thin here methinks!

IRISH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Format in Brief

A reminder to all folks, that this event is open to ALL CLASSES, not just the heavy hitters.
So that means that there will be a Championship Title up for grabs in each class too!

After 4 hours of qualifying, the top 4 cars in each Class will go head-to-head in the Final Battles.
(Depending on entries, some classes may have the top 8 do battle. I predict this may be the case with Class 1)

Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 in each Class, plus the fastest 'Street' Division car in each class.

As the pressure of the Finals sometimes means that the car having posted the fastest time is not always the first across the line; to make sure the fastest car is rewarded there will also be a trophy for the overall FTD.

The title of overall IRISH OPEN CHAMPION will go to the winner of the Final elimination battles.

Entry is still only £40 (in advance, here: http://www.sideways-racing.com/book_online.html )

This discounted rate will apply right up until Thurs 10th Sept.
After that the entry will be same as the on-the-day price. So, get yer name in asap!

Entry on the day is £50. Price includes unlimited runs from 12pm
Spectators adm only £10 :thumbsup:

Also, if you guys bring up a banner(s) I will have them hung in a prominent position.
I'll need them early as poss on the day or before it though.

As far as I'm concerned a big line of Scooby's would be a cool thing for spectators to see.
It'd take for you guys to co-ordinate things at your end, regarding how many spaces you would need but if yiz would like SCOOBY ONLY PARKING then I'll do my best to accommodate you. :multijump:

So... Sun 13th Sept, Bishops Court

DRAG BURNOUT COMPETITION
This will be the Half-Time entertainment

Longest burnout wins. Burnout will have to be smoke-inducing, not just spinning the wheels a bit.
Car must be rolling at all times (to protect track surface)
We will then have a BURN-OFF with the top 2 drivers side by side down the strip
Open to all cars entered in the Drag racing on the day.

Trophy & £££ to the winner!

There's a S14A with a rumoured 600 Bhp. Rumour is also the driver can skid a bit. He'd be a contender in this for sure!

BURNOUT COMPETITION - Developments

Right, we were down at the track today and we've been giving this some thought because it could be really good craic if done right. These type of competitions are really big in America, Australia & New Zealand. All countries where Drag racing is also very big.

The idea is to provide maximum entertainment for the crowd. Here it is:

The far end of the spectator's area (behind the grass bank) is approx 1/8th mile from the start line.

The winning driver will be the one that can complete the LONGEST burnout in the SLOWEST time. IE if 2 drivers were to manage 100m burnouts, the one who takes the longest time will be the winner. However it is the distance covered that is the over-riding factor, except for in the following instance:

If several drivers manage to complete the entire course the winner will be the one who does so in the SLOWEST time.

If a tyre pops before the end of the course then the driver's distance and time will be measured to that point. Cars must stop IMMEDIATELY if / when a tyre pops. (Heavy penalties for offenders of this rule)

Drivers may deviate from the straight line. IE may go from left to right but MUST NOT turn back in the direction they came. This also means that no-one will be allowed to do hoops on the drag strip.
There are OTHER places for that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

As said before, this could be mighty good craic.
Entry to this section is FREE to anyone that is entered in the Drag racing, but places will be limited on this first outing as a trial run.

Remember, FREE ENTRY there will be a CASH PRIZE & TROPHY to the winner, so yiz can replace the rubber that you burn off! :D

The monster is now in Liverpool! Arrives in Belfast at 6pm tomorrow!!! :D

Guys I need a ball park figure for ISDC members in attendance that are NOT racing, so we can provide you with allocated parking in the paddock.

I'll be at the track right up til the event (and this effin Black Berry is fooked) so the co-ordinator please txt me on (07791) 976672 tomorrow (Fri) with numbers.

Cheers

Back