Suspension Query

gc8aido

Petrolheads
Lads as some of you may know already im rolling on damaged Olhins coilovers with front nearside in need of total repair.

On the roads shes as bumpy as fook and not very comfortable atal!!I aint looking for something thats track quality and just want comfortable and low ride that wont break the bank!!

Short on cash at mo and was looking at set of D2 RACING Coilovers (Part: D2-S05-S D2 Racing Coilovers) and wondered are they crap or what?Looking at a set for €600 but just not sure if worth my while

Theres super streets and buddy club etc out there for way more cash but simply cant afford right now.

Is there any other alternative i could look into like putting sti shocks on her with set of lowering springs or anything like that?

Open to all suggestions thanks!!
:thumbsup:

Stock STi v5/6 shocks with 40mm whiteline springs will be low and allot more comfy than coilovers...

Stephen.

Not sure on price, but cheaper than coilovers anyway I'd imagine. Dave in STi Tuning is an Whiteline dealer and may also have second hand shocks lying around. Give him a bell 0857715343.

Stephen.

Nick spec c had d2 coilovers in his sti v5 when he had it , drop him a pm i'm sure he'll tell ya all about them , :subaru:

Think the lad he sold it 2 swaped them out for the standard setup , :ponder2:

Ohlins are top of the range, but are designed to be serviced every few years. If i was you i'd send them back to ohlins and get them rebuilt, or at least price it, might be cheaper than buying new coilovers and then you'll have like new ohlins.

You can just send 1 back but I'd send the lot back so another doesn't fail in a few months :thumbsup:

Found these guys

http://www.mickgardnerracing.com/

Turnaround is 2-3weeks and costs £125 +vat per corner!! Not bad me thinks!!

Anyone able to find number / contact for Olhins uk? Cant find it anywhere and dont fancy sending away to U.S...shipping would cost a bomb alone!! :thumbsup:

Good lad john...

Found that 1st one there a while back but kept bringing me into domain page but ill give them a bell now later..good lad!!! :thumbsup:

Back