rear strut brace on classic impreza

swerv555

Petrolheads
I ve just bought a rear strut and was wondering can any1 answer a few Qs . will the original nuts fit over the strut or do i need strengthened ones? and will it feck up my handling since i dont have a front one fitted... :subaru: :subaru:

yes original ones fit over the strut. and no shouldn't mess up handling as such.. might as well put front one on too

Where did you get it from?
Have been looking at a few of them but can't find any carbon fiber ones yet...

They gotta exist somewhere.... If they do them for the front they must do them for the rear...
Could be tough to find but they have to be somewhere..

have the front ordered....coming soon .got the rear from a shop on ebay .powder coated blue paint either side and billeted stainless steel centre.

I have one one somewhere if anyone wants to make an offer. Think it has the pink rings at either end. Not c/f (wont fit 1.6). Have buriied in attic to keep prying eyes away. Also have h brace also in pink.Think this will only fit if front cat is removed so might hold onto.

:smokin:

i think there's a carbon fibre strut brace on scoobyworld.co.uk for the new-age impreza if that's any help

I'm looking for one to suit a classic wagon.
Presume the wagons and saloons are the same...
Cheers for the heads up anyway... :thumbsup:

i got a strut brace set for my classic impreza, the front fitted on no bother, but the rear one is a different story, it looks like it will go in, but i'd have to cut about an inch more in the top of the holes at either side to fit it. Any ideas guys, i don't really want to start chopping off bits of my car to fit shiny things in.. :dunno:

Back