My Breaks

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
when i hit the break pedle at the moment its like standing on a soft brick..... :dontknow: stopping power could be alot better from the standard breaks but i know they are not performing to their optimum...... :hammerhead:
not good as ya know :naughty: anyway i want to change the break fluid to see if this helps, I recon its most likely the same break fluidin it now as the day that it came off the assembly line in Japan....

anyway thinkin dot 5 fluid...... been told its probably the best for a performance car :pray:
how much will i need and whats the best way to go about emptyin the old stuff out to put the new stuff in???
Also is it ok to completely drain the system? never bled breaks on a car b4 so goina try gettin a bit of help i think :new_gmorning:

defo get help with brakes lad!!!!
motul rbf 600 brake fluid is a quality product...you need 1.5 litres max!!!

you should probably change to goodridge braided lines to get a better brake pedal also!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

as above. Dot 5.1 isn't going to make great brakes if you don't alreay have them........... only related to boiling point

For fast road we also recommend dot4 motul rbf 600.

Goodridge braided lines are a top choice.

And 1litre would do for a flush.....

As above,

get high quality DOT 4 or 5.1 but NOT DOT 5 as its silicone based and doesn't mix with DOT 3/4/5.1 Also it can eat up seals if the system isn't designed for it because it doesn't lube them the same as the others.

You can just flush the system rather than draining it. Best to get help if your unsure :thumbsup:

Try find out the correct bleeding sequence too, as this is optimal for getting all the air out.

This is off the Impreza:
airbleeding.jpg

RIGHT!!!!!
i decided to take the car out for a good hard run down 1 of the back roads around here...... After a few mins the breaks started gettin better and better!!!! They are like shite again now tho....... Im wondering what pads are actually in it! could be a set that need a bit of heat before they start workin!!!! Ill maybe do a bit of investigation over the weekend.....

Back