Car wont start

kanye west

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all, My car wont start today :hammerhead: Yesterday it would turn over once then sound like its going dead but then suddenly start. Today its just clicking. Im thinking started motor or would it be battery even though the dash lights are fine? Any help would be great. Gary :thumbsup:

Could just be battery :pray: :pray:

A old car of mine would not start before but all electrics where working fine windows lights etc etc i was convinced it was the starter moter but turned out all i needed was a new battery. Damaged cells or something or other :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Most likely starter but could be alternator, the mammys car had same problem ...

it was like catching sound and a tick for a sec and then itd start!!!!

They are an awful pain in the :mooner: to take out, there's three bolts on them. And equally a pain to get back in again.

There's a sensor clipped into them as well just incase you tackle it yourself. :thumbsup:

try battery first,
if not then starter,
failing that then the altanator.

cheap fix then slightly more expensive fix down to most expensive...

hope ya get sorted man :thumbsup:

Gary that is definately the battery, i'd nearly put the house i dont own on it!!!!!!
happened me in the leggy the second day after i got it, got stuck on the side of the road, Guards came up and said awh ya defo starter, Bu i just changed batery and all was sorted.
Got my battery in halfords. :thumbsup:

Silly question but have ya tried to bump start it?

Its somethin i hate to do but if ya gotta get it goin and its not startin its the only way sometimes.....

Try bump start...... Take it for a drive... If its the altenator the battery wont charge, If its the starter it will be the same after a good run.....

Its another way to check it out.... also ya can test the altenator with multimeter when its running :ponder:

Well lads, Got a battery charger this morning and charged the battery for a couple of hours until it was charged. Tried to start the car and it half turned over and started clicking so I persumed the starter was ok and hoped it was the battery. So got a new battery in top part for €80 and the car started straight away :icon_headbang: Thanks for all the help lads and your house is safe John (for now :icon_nana: )

[quote author=210bhp legacy link=topic=16188.msg199054#msg199054 date=1246532949]
gary if you have any way of gettin to halfords i can check the battery for ya

john :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks John was going to head out to you but the traffic was bad so got one in top part which is a few hundred meters from my house :thumbsup:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=16188.msg199207#msg199207 date=1246571515]
Well lads, Got a battery charger this morning and charged the battery for a couple of hours until it was charged. Tried to start the car and it half turned over and started clicking so I persumed the starter was ok and hoped it was the battery. So got a new battery in top part for €80 and the car started straight away :icon_headbang: Thanks for all the help lads and your house is safe John (for now :icon_nana: )

[quote author=210bhp legacy link=topic=16188.msg199054#msg199054 date=1246532949]
gary if you have any way of gettin to halfords i can check the battery for ya

john :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks John was going to head out to you but the traffic was bad so got one in top part which is a few hundred meters from my house :thumbsup:

[/quote]

€80???????

could have got ya sorted cheaper than that gary!!

All's well, Glad you were sorted gary, :thumbsup:
Still have my no house :icon_grin:
Additional karma me thinks for placebo effect. :thumbsup:
Actually karma too all for the good help of fellow sligo man :thumbsup: :clap:

!!!!!! I'm goin home today so in good form!!!!!! :653:

Back