Car holding back

JohnM

Petrolheads
Hi lads I've got a problem with my car, When I'm driving It seems to be holding back when you accelerate, Like a hesitation. I've cahnged the plugs and reset the ecu and serviced it but still the same, :wall:
Any suggestions? Leads maybe fuel filter :dontknow:
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
John

Is it happening at any particular point in the rev range?
It could be any number of things as i discovered when searching for possible causes of my cars problem.

It seems to be in the lower range Matt, would it be a crank sensor either :dontknow:
Cheers
john

Did you run a diagnostics and check for fault codes John?

Steve.

Not sure but dont think your car has leads John-4 individual coilpacks id say. First look at o2 sensor and maf-then coilpacks. Unlikely to be fuel filter.

Yeah best to check for fault codes or get a diagnostics done :thumbsup:

It has the one coil and 4 leads, also I ahve the psi data unit that shows the fault codes and it's not showing any :ponder2:
Cheers
john

If your around Dunboyne, my Impreza is a 1998 UK spec, you can swop the MAF in if it fits to rule it out if you want John?

Stephen.

Plugged the maf out and the car kept running- does this mean it's gone?
Any ideas how much it's to replace it?
Cheers
John

I think if you plug the maf out and the car keeps running it means the maf is gone but not definite on that.
I know when i was having trouble with my car, i plugged the maf out to try that theory and the car stalled immediatly.
And it turned out my maf was perfect and that wasnt my problem :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian, I'll check the car in the morning as it's up at my parents house (keep it in the garage) :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

Back