WRX question

iron_hide

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys,
Finally got me a WRX. Have it two days and I am concerned about the way its driving. As this is my first car with a turbo I have no clue as to how the car is supposed to react when pushed a little. The issue is that when I put my foot down to accelerate past someone (or just for shiggles!) the cars revs go really high and then return to normal. I had this experience in my last car when I put my foot down but this was an automatic BMW. Is this a normal reaction or is it a sign of a problem. A mate of mine had a drive and he reckons it may be a clutch issue. Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

[quote author=iron_hide link=topic=16129.msg198470#msg198470 date=1246359737]
Hey guys,
The issue is that when I put my foot down to accelerate past someone (or just for shiggles!) the cars revs go really high and then return to normal.
[/quote]

Sounds like the clutch is slipping.

Yeah deffo agree with the above, sounds like you're gonna need a new clutch.

If its been happening a while then likely you'll need new flywheel or at least get yours skimmed too.

Also agree, Sounds vey similar too cluch, Revs go up sonds like a driving noise but the car is going no where, Best way too check is put the car in a relativly high gear, with very low revs and put the foot down.
So 20Mph in 4th should do the trick,

Sounds like its the clutch slipping as above. Hopefully not as they are not cheap to replace but more than likely the cause.... :icon_cry:

Hey guys,
Finally got me a WRX. Have it two days and I am concerned about the way its driving.
[/quote]

I'd be going back to the seller if you only have it two days and the clutch is slipping!!

Happened to me a while ago too, clutch was slipping as soon as the revs touched the torque range at about 4,500-5,000rpm.

I found ali burrows was impossible to beat for a new exedy organic clutch

[quote author=nodge link=topic=16129.msg198476#msg198476 date=1246360253]
Hey guys,
Finally got me a WRX. Have it two days and I am concerned about the way its driving.
[/quote]

I'd be going back to the seller if you only have it two days and the clutch is slipping!!
[/quote]

Doubt they would stand over it as a serviceable item. They could just say that he did it himself in the 2 days as its quite feasable. Depends on the garage but no chance if its a private sale. Hope you get sorted

I doubt you will have any comeback from the seller as its a wear-and-tear item.

Yep, unfortunately it was a private sale and I was a little green. I guess sometimes you have to learn a lesson the hard way! Cheers for the info. Figured I was foobar'd.

It's not a massive job, 400 odd euro and 150ish to change it.
Sure when you have it in you know it won't go again for a long time :thumbsup:

while your at it ya might as well see is there anything else ya could upgrade / renew at the same time.....
Like is it needin a Timing belt done?
I know it puts a financial drain on ya now....... But then ya know its outta the way and ya dont have to worry about it for a long time....... :multijump: :beerbang: :icon_headbang: :049:

Back