I Gave my car a good clean

marksscooby

Petrolheads
I decide to give my car a good detailing, it looked dull, it is hard to notice a difference in a white car, it took me about 7 hours to do all this ,i done it yesterday :smile:

Before

100_0385.jpg

first i washed it using simoniz shampoo using a wash mitt and 2 bucket method :smile:

I clayed it using Meguiars soft clay bar with detailer, the paint felt gritty before i used it, i used half a bar so to keep the second bit as a spare in case i left it fall on the ground, then i would have to use the new half, it took a lot of dirt and grit off the bodywork, and it felt smooth afterwards thanks to Mickwrx for supplying the Meguiars, i ordered more items :thumbsup:

These are the pics with the claying done i used a microfibre cloth to wipe off the residue left from the meg quick detailer, the bodywork is nice and smooth now

claybarpic1.jpg

claybarpic2.jpg

claybarpic3.jpg

claybarpic4.jpg

claybarpic5.jpg

claybar.jpg

The final pic of the claying done

finishedclaybar.jpg

This is just some of the dirt and contaminants stuck to the clay bar

dirtyclaybar.jpg

Then i polished it using simoniz white polish

polishpic3.jpg

polishpic1.jpg

polishpic4.jpg

polishpic2.jpg

polishpic5.jpg

Then to protect the polish i gave it one coat of Autoglym extra gloss sealant applied it to the bodywork and leave it for 1 hour and then buff it off

sealantpic1.jpg

sealantpic2.jpg

sealantpic3.jpg

sealantpic4.jpg

sealantpic6.jpg

Final pic of the sealant done

sealantfinish.jpg

Last pics of the Autosmart gold wax applied to the bodywork and buffed using a machine polisher, i cleaned the wheels using the car shampoo, i must clean the interior tomorrow :thumbsup:

finishedpic2.jpg

finishedpic1.jpg

finishedpic3.jpg

Re: Gave my car a good clean

great job mark!!!!
white is difficult to show up on pictures!!!
looks great though!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=16063.msg197697#msg197697 date=1246031565]
great job mark!!!!
white is difficult to show up on pictures!!!
looks great though!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I agree with you, Thanks :thumbsup:

Sweet job Man , your heart must be broke with white tho , my last car was white and it couldn't be kept

[quote author=tommy 555 link=topic=16063.msg197753#msg197753 date=1246043731]
Sweet job Man , your heart must be broke with white tho , my last car was white and it couldn't be kept
[/quote]

I dont use the car that much, so its easy for me to keep it clean, white can be hard to keep clean alright :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup:

I have to give mine a good clean myself. I've been neglecting her due to work. Hopefully I'll get to it in three weeks or so.

Great Job you've done there.

Back