Diag Report

gavair1

Sunday Drivers
Hi all,

just picked up my car and there are some codes on the diag report that the guys didn't understand, can anyone advise:
9 codes in total off X431 diag report

55 EGR VALVE LIFT SENSOR

56 EGR SYSTEM

62 ELECTRICAL LOAD SIGNAL

38 TORQUE CONTROL SIGNAL #2

PREPARATORY CODE #6

PREPARATORY CODE #7

PREPARATORY CODE #8

PREPARATORY CODE #a

P0753 SHIFT SOLENOID A ELECTRICAL

WHEN I DROPPED IN THE CAR THEY HAD A TOTAL OF 51 CODES AND HAVE CHANGED THE COOLAND TEMP SENSOR AND SORTED OUT THE RPM INDICATOR WHICH NOW WORKS FINE.

JUST CAM EFROM LIMERICK TO SHANNON AND THE CAR SEAMS TO BE OK, STILL A BIT OF A LACK OF GRUNT BUT NOT CUTTING OUT OR DYING WHEN YOU DROP THE FOOT.

1997 JAP STI.

ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME :thumbsup:

at a guess i would say the egr valve is sticking with a build up of sh1t !!!!
:ponder2: :ponder2:
worth washing it out with carb cleaner!!!!
:thumbsup:

Thought the JDM engines didn't have EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) :ponder2: :dontknow:
And 51 separate fault codes!?
Maybe the ECU is Frigged? :dontknow:

very easy to get 51 fault codes recorded in ecu....
any lads that dont have diagnostics can introduce codes by disconnecting sensor plugs,coils,injectors etc during fault finding with the engine running!!
:thumbsup:

dont know what shift solenoid a electrical means!!!!
would be monday before i could find out but maybe some other lads might know what that p code will represent!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

just home in the car and it played up on the way, foot down to overtake and it sounds like the air is getting dumped!

that P0753 code is to do with automatic transmission don't worry about it unless your car is auto i'd say the best action is to erase all the fault codes and go for a drive then read off the codes again and see what you get

she's no auto! will pull the battery and see what codes i get after a spin, i don't have access to a di nag unit only the engine check light system, anyone give me a clue how hard it is to pull the injectors?

still think this is a fuel issue!

hi all the nightmare continues!

got a chance to check out if i had any codes and i have no 21, not worried about this one liiks like they never cleared after changing the sensor, i have no 17 also, no 4 injector, any one confirm that this is the rear most on the right hand side? :icon_redface:

i pulled the fuel filter and drained the outlet into a jar, about 10% water and a cloudy fuel, drained the inlet and about 25% water and a bit of sh1t.

anyone got any ideas? going for a rip tomorrow and will check for codes again, i have cleared them at the moe. :wall:

hi all

went for a spin yesterday and as normal the engine is playing up, checked for codes and nothing showing all good there, tank will be drained this evening, any tips on doing this? also pulling the injectors, i take it removing the 2 bolts either side and disconnecting the cannon plug will allow them to pull out? all guidance would be great!!!!!

Back