Rally Poland

New Rally - New set of Pacenotes that equals up the competition
Got this from WRC.com

Loeb talks about his crash
Arriving back in the Mikolajki Service Park, Sebastien Loeb has given details of the accident on SS4 that took him out of Fridays' competition in Poland.

Loeb and his co-driver Daniel Elena were uninjured in the crash, which happened 1.2km into the 33mk Paprotki section.

"I hit a tree stump just on the side of the road which I didn't see on the recce because it was covered by sand," explained Loeb. "We hit it with the right-hand front wheel and that's totally broken. It’s not so good. I think we were unlucky because Dani didn't have the stump marked in his notes either, I don’t think many drivers did."

Loeb said he hoped to rejoin the rally on Saturday as a Super Rally entrant but wasn't sure what he could salvage from the rally. "We'll take 20 minutes of penalty time so that's going to make it difficult," he said.

With his title rival Mikko Hirvonen within striking distance of the drivers' championship lead, Loeb acknowledged he might lose the top spot by Sunday. "I'm not so happy but it's like that. We can’t do anything else. Anything is possible; we'll just have to see," he said.

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=16058.msg198749#msg198749 date=1246433533]
anyone know if latvala is on the dole yet !!
[/quote]

Wilson said he'll be driving the next rally, but not sure if he's gonna last beyond that.

Such a stupid mistake from a hugely talented young lad, I really hope he wins Finland & gets to keep his seat.

I can't see them dropping him this season, there are 3 gravel rallies left - Finland/Australia/Wales which will suit Latvala & Hirvonen & one tarmac round in Spain which more than likely Loeb will win.
All in all looking good for Mikko especially if Latvala behaves himself in the next few gravel events.

Yeah, stupid mistake for Latvala, hope he will show off in Finland, I like his driving style :thumbsup:

I'm really happy for Holowczyc taking 6th place.. stunning achievement for an almost 50 years old. He's a huge Subaru fan as well. :subaru:

ya, im a big latvala fan, but ya can see wilson smiling through his teeth and latvala looked so scared at the last interview. hopefully he can get it together cause he has the makings of a champion

Could barely watch when that happened at the end :icon_sad: He's the fastest fooker out there!
Latvala, Solberg and Evgeny Novikov have been really exciting to watch this year!
Really hope he gets his confidence back and doesn't let it affect him. But if he does leave Ford at the end of the year, I hope he will be the no.1 driver in the next team and given the freedom to drive how he wants (flat out all the time!)
Was a great rally though, really fast, nearly 200Km/h in places!

Another thing to look forward to for Rally Finland is that Kimi Raikkonen is entering! :smile:
>> Kimi Raikkonen to make WRC debut in Finland! <<

Ford said that they would have Latvala driving for them in Finland .
If he keeps on crashing i wounder how long that will last.
Hes a good quick driver :thumbsup:

Back