Scoobie man new to Ireland from South Africa

C

CamoMo

Hi All,

I've have recenlty relocated from South Africa to Ireland with work - had to sell my pride and joy rex 2003 before I left - sad sad day. :cry: Anyways, I'm now in Ireland and am looking to get myself a Scoobie - good clean 2nd hand one for now. I don't have huge amounts of cash to play with - but if anyone knows of anyone else selling a good, clean, looked after Irish - UK Scoobie with genuine miles on - please PM me. It seems all the ones I've found and looked at - the miles seem to have been jimmy'ed. Anyone who jimmy's miles on a car, and then tries to sell it, should be thrown in the Liffey. :roll: Which is why I'd prefer to get one from someone who belongs to, or knows someone from the club.

Once I have a new baby - I'm going to be joining the club - as I was part of the Scoobie Club in SA.

Anways - a hello to all you Scoobie fanatics - I now feel at home. :subaru:

Later,

Steve.

Hey Steve, great to have you on board :thumbsup: Good luck in your hunt, I assume you've had a scan through the For Sale sections of this site?

Paulo

Hey Steve welcome along. There are a few very nice cars in the for sale section.

Damo

Welcome aboard Steve,

Was in Cape Town a few years back and met up with Steven Lewis from the South Africa Subaru Drivers Club
biggrin1.gif
he took me for a spin in his heavily modded MY00 Turbo what a Subaru he even let me drive it
biggrin1.gif

Regards,
Vans

Thanks guys - had a look through the For Sale section - PM'ed some of the lads. But if anyone knows or hears anything - please PM me.

Vans,

Cape Town has loads of mod'ed Scoobies. I sold my 03 Rex to a guy from Cape Town - still emails me to brag about how he's enjoying the car. :evil:

Looking forward to winter here again - sea level, ice cold winter air - what more could a Scoobie want. Better roads me thinks.... :wall:

Welcome Steve from a fellow South African to another...where in S.A you from,am from jo'burg,anyways glad ta see am not the only SA here,good bunch of lads here,sure we will find you a good car soon,happy posting mate... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru:

NOt another south African hay Robbie, :lol: Welcome Along mate. :subaru:

Scoobyke - nice to know there is another South African here. Yea, from Jo'burg - originally Cape Town. Need to get me a set of wheels sooner, rather than later - something now to get me going - which I can palm off to the wife - and then get myself a newer beast. And is there ever any dodgy guys in a Scoobie Club - I haven't found one yet.

Do you lads have breakfast runs, etc...?? And where would be the best place to take a Scoobie for a service in Dublin...?? I need to get finer detials when it come to all of this - and who to take the scoobie to, to get any mods/upgrades done...??

Thanks guys.

No we dont do the breakfast run thing here,all though a couple of us get together and just go for a spin up round the mountains etc etc,you your self little back road exploring... :D :D
What sort of mods you looking to do,as for service :lol: :lol:its just a rip off at any of the subaru dealers,esp like off carrol and roche,and hb dennis well thats another story...
Probably best bloke ta speak to bout mods would be Damo(renno555)he will sort ya out,and if you join as full member you get discount from traders etc etc, :thumbsup:

Well u picked a good time to buy a scooby, classic prices are at a all time low, so u could pick up a very good 1 for the 10k mark.

Welcome to the club   :thumbsup: You seem to be acclimatising well to Ireland "should be thrown in the Liffey"  :lol: Best of luck with the Subaru hunt  :thumbsup:  :subaru:

Welcome along mate :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can meet up with us soon and put a few faces to names :subaru:

What is your budget for a scooby at the moment?

Alan.

Back