help with servicing of legacy b4

anyone with service info for b4 legacy?

• Total voters
D

damowall

hi im new to this website my names damo recently bought a white 00 legacy b4 with 80000 km on the clock and was hoping someone could help me with some info on how to service the car what oil how to do it etc any help would be appreciated thanks

Bit more complicated than your average car-if youre not used to servicing-id leave it to someone who knows subarus. Where you based? Oil to use is 15w50

im based in dublin 7 at the moment have serviced and done timing belts and head gaskets in last car so was just looking for any info i might need thanks for the reply

must of had a punto or rover then!!!
:icon_grin: :icon_grin:

should be well able to service yourself mate!!!
plugs are a bit time consuming but everything else is handy!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the only big difference when changing the oil in the subaru is you need to fill the oil filter first before you put it on,every thing else is the same as any other car,10/40 is the standard grade oil to use but some on here use 15/50 or 10/60, halfords are selling 15/50 mobil 1 at the moment cheap and with a 15% discount if your insured with axa.

try use maxol e5 petrol or 95 with booster if your cars not mapped

when doing the plugs i found it easier to remove the airbox on the offside and the battery/washer bottle on the near side. if you have access to a ramp it might be easier to get at them from below. while your at it ye might check the gearbox/diff oils. the gearbox dipstick is on the offside right under the side of the intercooler.
the one thing i would do if i bought another b4 is on the first service ied check the intercooler piping for oil resedue and ied also check all the vacum lines going to and from the solinoid box. if any of them have oily resedue in them ied removed the solinoid box and give the solinoids a clean, but only if your confident enough to do it. its not a difficult job but the piping and layout is complicated at a first glance. a lot of the lads bring their cars up to the likes of asd auto or dave in sti tuning to get the once over by a profesional but if ye just want to hook up with one of the other b4 owners to have a butchers around the car most of the lads inc myself would hook up with ye for a chat. :thumbsup:

Back