a littlehelp please

E

ej20inside

ok took the car for a gallop tonite,and at some stage of the nite the clutch peddel when released wouldnt return to its proper position ,it woul only travel back half the way,clutch isnt slipping or anyting,could this be an air lock in the clutch fluid or anyting,only replaced clutch 8 months ago so am hoping it is nothing major,hope some1 can help me out. :subaru: oh by the way it wasnt happening ever time just the odd time,and definatly not the mat catching it either.

Thanks

Probably the clutch slave cylinder allowing air into the system, new clutch putting more prssure on it than it was used too,
Not a big fix as far as i know..

the question would be how is the air getting into the system???
check the flexi hose connected to the slave cylinder....
best to bleed the system and take it from there if air is found!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have the same problem and so does HIWD, I've bled out the clutch system and its still there but the clutch operates fine, I'm starting to think its the slave cylinder but I dunno

Mine used to stick to the floor,
It was great, just had to tip the clutch to shift.
I just changed the yoke beside the I/c.

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=16006.msg197075#msg197075 date=1245834748]
I have the same problem and so does HIWD, I've bled out the clutch system and its still there but the clutch operates fine, I'm starting to think its the slave cylinder but I dunno
[/quote] think its just a subaru thing, my old wrx had the same problem and my leggy has it aswell....my slave cylinder packed up last week so got a new one fitted and the pedal still doesnt go back to the proper position most of the time ( half inch off or inch maybe )the mechanic kept bleeding the system but no joy.....

i had similar prob when i first got my legacy, turned out the return spring at the clutch fork was missing, put a new spring on and all was well :653:

could any1 tell me how to bleed the master cylinder??

[quote author=ej20inside link=topic=16006.msg197330#msg197330 date=1245922022]
could anyone tell me how to bleed the master cylinder??
[/quote]

You bleed it from the slave cylinder not the master cylinder. under the tmic you'll see the slave cylinder, that has a bleed nipple on it. :thumbsup:

[quote author=leoquig link=topic=16006.msg197322#msg197322 date=1245919993]
i had similar prob when i first got my legacy, turned out the return spring at the clutch fork was missing, put a new spring on and all was well :653:
[/quote]

I thought that on mine too, my spring was missing so got a new one and bled up the system but its still the same :wall:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=16006.msg197342#msg197342 date=1245924583]
[/quote]

I thought that on mine too, my spring was missing so got a new one and bled up the system but its still the same :wall:
[/quote] is there much involved in changing the spring?

ye found the nipple under the i/c,but think i found the root of the problem too,the cap where the fluid is topped u ,one of the little plastic catches is broken therefore letting the air in,so up to c+r in the mornin,i take it bleeding it is the same principal as bleeding the brakes??

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=16006.msg197381#msg197381 date=1245932559]
[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=16006.msg197342#msg197342 date=1245924583]
[/quote]

[/quote] is there much involved in changing the spring?
[/quote]

No...

Back