Help needed with my sisters car please!

F

forester sti

Howdy,
Lads, My lil sisters car 1.0 yaris has started to hessiate very much when you use the throttle!
It sounds like it's chokeing, I removed the airbox, assuming there was an obstruction or blocked filter, none of the above!,
If you apply the throttle, iy momenterally drops the revs and then revs, as it drops the revs it makes a deep sucking induction noise
I'm thinking automatc choak or somthing, but it all seems to be electronicly acivated!
Any Idea's??
Dan

difficult without seeing the car but these give lots of AFM problems that affect the running in strange ways!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

split or cracked air pipe :don't know: dirty petrol maybe or a spark lead off one of the cylinders .

How do I try to diagnose any of he above problems??
Thanx lads
Dan

hi dan my sisters car gave similar trouble as ur talking about they said it was loose timing chain as it was a hire drive car from first day cheap oil was used , got job done and now running perfect. the only difference is it was a micra but just sounds similar :thumbsup:

my da's bora gave the same trouble,and as some1 said it sounds like a dirty throttle body,best job is to take the throttle body apart and give her a good soak and clean in carb cleaner.

Thanx lads,
I'll have another look at her this weekend!
Dan

My car done that a few weeks back , so filled it with e5 and threw in bottle of fuel system cleaner and perfect since just put it down to bad tank of juice i did , :thumbsup:

Back