Rear wiper stopped working??

eliroche

Hi folks,
Couple of days ago i turned on the rear wiper and it was very slow to move, next day it stopped halfway up the window,
Where to start?! Presume its the motor :dontknow: Where is that and does anyone have one for sale?
Cheers,
Eli.

inside the boot bolted to the top of the boot...
make sure the earth wire hasnt come loose and get someone to operate the column switch while you check for power at the motor!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

give scoobymaniac a shout.....hes allright at the oul electrics :icon_nana:
seriously 20 seconds and a multimeter and ye would know which is at fault. the fact it slowed down prior to not working would suggest a motor

If it turns out to be a faulty motor, there's a jap car scrap yard in donabate might have one. Cant remember the name of it but ill find out :thumbsup:

think i might have asked before this is same issue i have i have my nct on the 1st will this be classed as a fail?

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=15941.msg196479#msg196479 date=1245619624]
it will be a fail mate!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

But rear wiper isn't standard fit on all cars so why is it necessary?

Or is it just a case of if you have it then it should work :ponder2:

exactly brian,
front fog lights are not standard on all cars but if its got them ,they have to work!!!!
it would be better to remove the wiper arm and put a blanking bung in place!!!
just a thought!!
:ponder: :ponder:

[quote author=northdublin link=topic=15941.msg196366#msg196366 date=1245592468]
give scoobymaniac a shout.....hes allright at the oul electrics :icon_nana:
seriously 20 seconds and a multimeter and ye would know which is at fault. the fact it slowed down prior to not working would suggest a motor
[/quote]

Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

@ Eli - I can have a look if ya want mate, also I have a rear motor out of a classic impreza (dunno if they're the same) :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=15941.msg196540#msg196540 date=1245661994]
exactly brian,
front fog lights are not standard on all cars but if its got them ,they have to work!!!!
it would be better to remove the wiper arm and put a blanking bung in place!!!
just a thought!!
:ponder: :ponder:
[/quote]
thought the same but looked today and the wiper arm is mounted through the glass so
dont know if it can be plugged
it happened when i switched it on by accident when it was covered in ice that time we had the snow never worked proper since

@ Eli - I can have a look if ya want mate, also I have a rear motor out of a classic impreza (dunno if they're the same) :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers mate, might take you up on that offer, gonna have a quick look at it and ill get back to you if i need a hand - :thumbsup:

Back