Nct failure emmisions

G

graham 555

Lads failed nct today on emmisions lambda at 1.107 limit is 1.03 co 0.36 limit is 0.3 any advice on how to lower them thanks :thumbsup:

have you got a de-cat on or standard downpipe??? Numbers arent that far off bieng within the limits.

Standard cat wouldnt of gone near the nct with a decat on anyone know if them petrol treatment things work or a new cat is needed never had emmision problems before surely if it was the lambda sensor engine mgmt light would be on ?

lamba doesnt have to bring engine light on!!!!
was that on idle or the 3000 rpm run????
fuel additive to o for is called diptane!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=graham 555 link=topic=15914.msg195989#msg195989 date=1245422269]
Lads failed nct today on emmisions lambda at 1.107 limit is 1.03 co 0.36 limit is 0.3 any advice on how to lower them thanks :thumbsup:
[/quote]

That reading means it's running a bit lean...
Does it idle smoothly? Could be a few different things, exhaust leak, misfire, leaking bov, sensor on the way out, :ponder: hard to tell.

That reading was at high idle low idle passed it idles perfect when warm but like most cars stays high when cold anyone know if imprezas are 3 pin or 4 pin lambda sensor?

did you give the car a good run before the test ???
had a car fail 2 weeks ago on hih idle,i brought it myself for the retest and drove the bollox off it before running on the machine and it passed without doing anything!!!
explain that one!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

Might try and throw a new sensor in and the stock dump valve a bit of diptane and take her for a good run before the test and leave 50 notes in the ashtray for the tester and then maybe it will get it passed .Thanks lads for your help

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=15914.msg196146#msg196146 date=1245451016]
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:
only short of hand jobbing the tester!!!!
:icon_grin: :thumbsup:
[/quote]I promised him a reach around with a happy ending but he wasnt having a yard of it .

new age air/fuel is 4 pin,not sure what you have? ive a zero/sports full system on mine with race cat and it fails my emmission machine in work if i dont drive the bag out of it first.a good hard drive should sort your problem id say as the readings are very close.

Back