2001 legacy b4 advice

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Friend of mine is considering taking a 2001 legacy as a swap for his Supra. It's had the engine rebuilt 30k ago and it's nct'd. He is wondering what other type of things he should look out for and would it be easy enough to sell on. All i can think of is:

why was it rebuilt?
where was it rebuilt?
Mapped for Irish fuel?
last service/timing belt etc?

Maybe its someone on here!

Anything else to check on these Legacy's?

Just look at the lads on here trying to sell and cant shift theirs, not much interest in them at the moment and those lads are probably all losing their knickers on them.

What mileage is on the car?

The one thing i'll always tell someone to make sure of is that the gearbox is alright. Common problem on these legacies (same box as a uk turbo classic as well afaik). When i bought mine, i didnt know the gearbox was knackered. The knock caused when turning would only happen after you had been driving for about 40-45mins. Cant remember whether it was the front diff or centre diff that was gone but the same thing happened to me again at christmas with the second hand box that was put in. I know its probably a bit of overkill but it might save you a lot of money.

how much should a 2001 go for? see 99's are going for about 6500, 01 should go for 7500-8000 if your lucky?

yeah 7500 would be about right..id take that for mine..whats his supra like? I might do a swap..my is spot on mechanically been mapped since it came in

his ad:

Late 1999
Facelift model
Twin Turbo VVTi
Tiptronic
Metallic Grey (light shade of grey almost silver)
Leather interior
Kenwood Double DIN
Top end clifford alarm/immobilisor
Tracker
90k miles
Full Service History from new.
Serviced every 4k by Toyota main dealer in UK since 11k when it was imported. Running clean as a whistle and pulls like a train.
Standard unmolested car owned by the same guy since imported into UK at in 2003 with 11k on the clock
VERY clean tight car, no squeaks or rattles.
Folder of receipts for all work ever done on car

2z9e1w8.jpg

2z5male.jpg

wgosxu.jpg

10ymgox.jpg

:subaru: :653:

Back